The Writer's Assistant will support the Creative Writing team in all aspects of the writing process.
- At all time, pay close attention to detail
- Take detailed and accurate meeting notes
- Listen, follow directions and execute said directions in a timely manner
- Participate and Take Notes in high level creative meetings with the Chairman of the Company, SVP and Lead Writers of the Creative Writing Team.
- Distribute notes from all meetings to necessary departments to ensure communication amongst all departments
- Take Initiative and communicate clearly and concisely with all Lead Writers, Writers, and other departments
- Type and distribute scripts, promos, formats, etc.
- Perform clerical tasks such as transcribing, copying, and printing documents
- Coordinate with other departments within the company (Props, Talent Travel, Etc.) to ensure all necessary Production Elements are properly secured for all WWE TV Shows (_RAW_, _SmackDown LIVE_, etc.)
- Anticipate the needs of the department and plan ahead to assure efficient departmental functioning
- Assist writers with the execution of Backstage and In-Ring Segments at WWE TV Shows, and serve as a Runner, coordinating talent, props, and other necessary items for the scenes
- Assist with directing and producing taped and live vignettes and promos
- Perform miscellaneous tasks as assigned/needed
- Minimum of 2 year TV Writing and/or Production experience preferred, but is not necessary
- Strong WWE product knowledge
- Strong note taking skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (both verbal and written)
- Time management skills and the ability to work well under pressure
- Strong work ethic and a flexible schedule that allows for long hours and traveling as needed
- Detail-oriented, organized, and proactive
- Dependable, motivated, and eager to learn and assist in the execution of Live Scripted Television
- Clean driver's license and vehicle to be used for business as needed
- Willing and able to travel for business extensively on a regular basis (approximately 70% to 100%)
- Within reasonable commuting distance from the NY Metro/Stamford, CT area or be willing and able to relocate there
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and fast typing skills
- BA/BS degree in Film/TV/Drama, Media Studies, Journalism, Communications, English, or related field of study, is preferred, but not necessary
WWE is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer and is subject to federal regulations pertaining to employment. WWE does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under federal, state or local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities.
For information regarding Terms and Conditions for this and other WWE websites, please review our Terms and Conditions of Use.