I'm looking for three people to join my team as interns for the summer. Specifically, we want a Writer, a Production Assistant and a YouTube Assistant to join our team for 6-8 weeks and work closely with my team.
You'll be helping create content that hopefully inspires, educates, motivates (and sometimes even entertains lol) lots of people all around the world.
This is the perfect role if you’re hungry to learn and grow. There's no bureaucratic paperwork or super-long protocols to follow.
You'll wear multiple hats, and have lots of freedom and creative control to hopefully impact millions of people.
Location - Central London, UK
Pay - £2,500
What You'll Be Doing
- Script Writing - Researching and writing scripts for educational YouTube videos for one our channels. We’ve got a number of channels at the company and you’ll be writing stuff for all of them when you’re here. I'd want you to take suggestions, do some research, and formulate a video structure + script.
- Course Research - Researching and writing content for courses as part of our Part Time Labs brand. These are Masterclass-style courses and we’re aiming to release at least one per quarter for the next 2 years. They’re generally 1-3 month projects and you’ll be helping the primary writer with research, writing + idea generation.
- Social Media Content - Writing high-quality value-focused social media content for Twitter and other platforms as needed by the social media manager. This could be turning videos into threads or creating new content from chats with me. The main aim is to grow the social channels for when the book launches next year.
- Book Research - Helping to research stuff for my upcoming book, e.g content and marketing. The book may be written by the time you start (fingers crossed), but if it’s not then you might be needed to do some final tweaks, proofreading and extra work to finish it with me.
- Miscellaneous Writing - Ghostwriting various other things based on phone call brainstorms, including eBooks, courses, digital downloads, emails.
- Personal Project - You won’t just be working on my current stuff. We want to give you the opportunity to develop your own idea for a new project or direction for the business which you’ll have the chance to pitch at the end of the internship. This could be related to writing or something else in the company. We’re all ears.
What Skills Would Help?
- Ability to write conversationally. Writing for a script is very different to writing an essay. The main difference is that scriptwriting needs to sound like someone would actually speak, whereas in an essay you're trying to do the opposite and sound intelligent (sometimes). Scriptwriting is more about being simple and clear, rather than being fancy.
- Interest in the creative sector and the creator economy. We’re looking for people who’re interested in either becoming a creator themselves or working in the creative sector after university. This isn’t a role for those looking to go into the corporate world - it’s nothing like that.
- Actually being interested in the content we create. If you’re interested in the content that we make then you’ll be a good fit. If you don’t watch or listen to any of our stuff, then it’s probably not for you.
- You’ve seen, read and heard enough of my content to understand the strategy, tone and style of the company.
- You’re able to thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced and flexible environment with a high degree of autonomy.
- You're able to work to shared deadlines and have content ready to publish when it’s needed, always looking to stay ahead of the game.
- You’re able to work effectively in a team environment. We want people who are collaborative rather than competitive.
- You’re capable of writing high quality scripts.
- You’re keen to learn - these roles are incredibly competitive and we want to reward those who are eager to learn.
- You’re able to use your initiative to suggest new directions or projects for the business.
- You’re focussed on providing value to our community on whatever platform you’re creating content on.
- You’re able to keep it real. We don’t do gossip or bullsh*t. Honesty and integrity are key in our business.
- You’re able to have fun. You’ll be part of a team making videos and courses on the internet to help people. It doesn’t get much better tbh so if you can’t have fun then this role’s probably not for you.
- Finally, you need to be based in the UK, with the right to work in the UK, and able to work from our Central London office at least a few times per week.
About the Team
Our mission is to create inspirational and educational content that helps people do more of what matters to them. In 4 years, the YouTube channel's grown to 2M subscribers, with hundreds of thousands of followers on out other platforms. Our content aims to help people be more productive, learn better, become financially independent, and generally live happier, healthier lives.
The medium-term aim is to continue to make more content, make it really good, and put it out for free across our social platforms. Our paid online courses fund our business operations, and help us create (hopefully) world-class free content. I'm also in the process of writing a book, which will hopefully be published mid-2023, and if it's a banger, it'll hopefully take our business to the next proverbial level. We're also launching a new podcast (similar to Tim Ferriss / Impact Theory) where we interview inspiring people about how they got to where they are + how they find joy and fulfilment in their work and life.
You'll be joining a small(ish), dynamic, friendly team who don't believe in red tape and try our best to have fun every day.
Perks of the Job
🌎 Impact - Your work will be seen by millions of people around the world, and hopefully impact them in a positive way.
🧠 Ownership - If you’ve got fun or interesting ideas that align with business goals, you’ll have free reign to make them happen without having to wade through red tape.
💩 Not Bullshit - Over 70% of Americans apparently think their jobs are meaningless and don't actually impact society. This hopefully won't be one of those.