OPEN Health brings together deep scientific knowledge, global understanding, and broad specialist expertise to support our clients in improving health outcomes and patient wellbeing.
We are united as one flexible organization, harnessing the power of the collective to solve complex challenges. Our global team of experts — many with PhDs and PharmDs — work strategically alongside our client partners in Medical Affairs, Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR), Market Access, and Commercial teams across a wide range of therapy areas.
OPEN Health: Established as many. United as one.
You Will Love This Role If You
- Have a strong health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) and/or real-world evidence (RWE) background and are passionate about medical and value communications
- Are looking for a dynamic role involving interaction with a range of internal teams, clients, and scientific experts
- Are passionate about gaining experience working in the health and life-sciences industry and working on research that brings benefits to patients and their families
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic, and client-focused consultancy environment
You Will Be a Success If You
- Have a strong understanding of HEOR and RWE methods as well as a true passion for writing and communications
- Can demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills and are comfortable interacting with a variety of different stakeholders
- Can communicate complex ideas and data in an accurate and innovative way through publications (abstracts, posters, slide presentations, manuscripts, etc)
- Can work in a fast-paced environment, independently and as part of a team to deliver high-quality work
The Writer, HEOR works as part of a multidisciplinary team (including medical, editorial, and account personnel) to produce RWE and HEOR-focused writing projects for assigned accounts. This position may also support new business development efforts by assisting with the medical portion of an RFI or RFP.
Related projects may include product backgrounders, disease state overviews, and cost/burden-of-illness/quality-of-life articles.
- Developing high-quality scientific communications in any therapeutic area in liaison with medical directors and other members of the HEOR team
- Including RWE- and HEOR-focused strategic plans, abstracts, posters, outlines, primary and review articles, monographs, dossiers, slide presentations, meeting summaries, and other materials; may be de novo or repurposed
- Providing research assistance to medical directors and the HEOR team in the development stages of projects
- Working independently to incorporate revisions (original or inherited material)
- Working closely with medical, editorial, and account management personnel in coordinating work to accomplish project goals
- Actively participating with team members in terms of strategic recommendations and continuous quality improvement
- Interacting with clients, faculty, and stakeholders to provide guidance and assistance as needed
- Representing the company at selected society (eg, ISMPP, ISPOR) and client meetings as needed
- Assisting in the development of project proposals and other new business development initiatives as needed
- Remaining cognizant of team/company expectations in terms of budgeted hours, deadlines, and other goals
- Following standard operating procedures, including updating of project files, following sign-off procedures, and version-control conventions
- Providing support to account teams and attending meetings as required, including internal kick-off meetings, status meetings, and client calls
What You’ll Bring
- Master’s in Public Health (MPH), Master’s in Science (MS), or other master’s or higher-level degree in health economics, health services research, outcomes research, biostatistics, epidemiology, public health or other comparable health-related areas
- 2+ years of HEOR/RWE experience in a medical/value communications agency or pharmaceutical/biotechnology company (HEOR/RWE experience in an academic setting will be considered)
- Proven track record of high-impact HEOR and RWE communication projects, value evidence generation, health technology assessment, and/or market access
- Ability to function as the expert on a team with regard to HEOR methodology, terminology, and subject matter
- Ability to review data outputs, interpret results, and develop/deliver communications
- Ability to support outcomes analysis and reporting
- Aptitude for the English language and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to perform all duties on-line, as OPEN Health is a paperless company
- Ability to manage multiple and sometimes competing challenges, issues, and priorities with the ability to delegate, problem-solve, and set clear expectations
- Enthusiastic team player with a self-motivated attitude and demeanor
- Proficiency in Office programs including MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint; EndNote experience is a plus
If we sound like the sort of business environment in which you would thrive, then we would love to hear from you.