Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurship and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society.
We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity and inclusion. We are the world’s biggest business media brand and we consistently place in the top 20 of the most-popular sites in the United States, in good company with brands like Netflix, Apple and Google.
Forbes Shopping is seeking a part-time shopping writer to join the commerce editorial team. This role will be responsible for writing shopping content under the guidance of the deputy editor.
Areas of coverage may depend on expertise, but will likely include fashion, beauty, grooming, wellness, fitness, home and design, deals, sales, and general lifestyle content. This is a remote, part-time position up to 25 hours per week.
Responsibilities Will Include
- Daily writing in these markets: men's & women's fashion, wellness and fitness, beauty/grooming, home, sales, deals
- Working with the Forbes Shopping business team to optimize content for traffic and revenue
- Responsible for pitching and writing a minimum of 5 stories per week. Types of content will include roundups, best lists, news stories, product odes, deals roundups and new product spotlights.
The Ideal Candidate
- Should be a lifestyle generalist or come with specific subject matter expertise in one or more of the categories mentioned above
- Impeccable writing skills and instincts are a must
- Prior experience writing product guides and/or reviews is required. Prior fashion writing experience is preferred.
- A strong understanding of SEO and user intent as it pertains to shopping content, as well as experience with commerce content is required
- Must have an appropriate taste level / be able to curate products for the Forbes audience
- This person should thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Be available to join daily morning meetings and additional edit meetings with the rest of the Forbes Shopping editorial team
- Work 25 hours per week Monday-Friday, with availability to work some nights and weekends during peak shopping times of the year (Black Friday, etc).
Forbes is an equal opportunity employer.