Hone Health is a modern health company committed to giving people energy and confidence as they age. Our goal is to help individuals break through highly stigmatized conditions using education and increasing access by making care more convenient and affordable.
Our initial vertical is treating men who are seeing changes in their energy and want to manage their hormone levels with a combination of lifestyle changes, supplements and pharmaceutical products backed by clinically-defined protocols. Imminent verticals include longevity, behavior modification, and mindset to help us create a fully-rounded optimization platform. We’re funded by Tier 1 venture capitalists and experiencing incredible growth.
We’re heavily investing in an editorial content creation division, which is where this position lies. Hone is seeking an enthusiastic, digitally-savvy full-time Lifestyle Writer to craft well-researched and sticky daily lifestyle content for the brand across all platforms (site, social, community, and newsletter).
In this role, you’ll report on new wellness products and tech gadgets, suss out new trends, and talk to fascinating experts about topics surrounding fitness, wellness, relationships, and more—and then write about all of it in order to drive site traffic, brand awareness, affiliate commerce revenue, and customer engagement. The content will be a mix of product roundups, product reviews, expertly reported articles, slideshows, e-commerce, and other formats. You’ll also create and manage a weekly newsletter to customers and perspectives.
The ideal candidate comes from a national media brand and/or subscriber-based consumer product company. You’ll have a background in lifestyle journalism, and understand what drives readers to make a product purchase. You should be results-driven, detail-oriented, and have experience writing SEO content and a knowledge of SEO best practices. You are intensely reliable and accountable; you can work quickly and independently but welcome feedback and collaboration.
You’ll join a rapidly-growing, close-knit team of writers and editors who are creating a digital editorial imprint for Hone. Ideally, you’re practicing what we’re preaching; interested in living a healthy lifestyle and in optimizing your personal health. The editorial team is based in New York City, though we welcome remote U.S. applicants who are willing to attend EST meetings.
- Write 7-10 pieces of content per week and own all aspects of article production—including pitching, interviewing sources, researching, writing, and packaging
- Create and manage a weekly newsletter that will go to customers and perspectives to drive engagement and conversion
- Interact with the Hone Community, a hub where customers gather to chat and get to know each other. You’ll look for story ideas, and chat directly with customers to understand what content and products will best serve them
- Work with design, video, and social teams to brainstorm ideas for visuals and social promotion for your stories
- Obsess over analytics and use them to shape how you approach future articles
- Contribute writing and brainstorming for larger initiatives as the need arises
- Update existing articles as needed to maintain SERPs ranking
- You have 2+ years experience writing quality content for a national media brand or similar company—with an emphasis on traffic growth via SEO and/or social channels
- You have a background in lifestyle content and bring a unique perspective to everything from product roundups to deep-dive reviews
- You have experience with newsletters—creating them, tracking their performance, and making adjustments to engage more readers
- You know how to publish content in a CMS, ideally Wordpress, and know how to use SEO tools such as Google Analytics and AhRefs
- You can pitch story ideas that are timely, shareable, thought-provoking, and editorially sound—and are the first one to pivot if something isn’t working
- You’ve got a strong GIF game to bring to our Slack channels
- Competitive salary, bonus, and equity options, and career development opportunities.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance plan coverage.
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Weekly team-building activities, with cash prizes
- Unlimited vacation and sick days
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Please contact us to request accommodation.