Klang Games is a Berlin-based game studio whose mission is to create deep and meaningful online experiences that bring people together.
At the heart of Klang is SEED, a large-scale virtual world that will provide immersive social experiences through gaming.
Caring, Harmony and Innovation are at the core of SEED as well as our core values as a company.As a member of the Publishing team, the Writer/Editor will develop and execute content to support Klang Games’ games.
The Writer/Editor works with the Marketing department on copywriting any player-facing communication material. If there are words involved, the Writer/Editor is likely to be a part of the decision-making, writing and approval processes.
The Writer/Editor understands the different language styles that appeal to various target markets and stays plugged into the company’s products/services, target audience and its competitors’ activities. The Writer will work closely with internal development and creative teams and publishing colleagues.
- Work with the Klang Publishing, the Klang Creative team and internal development to research, write and develop web content, news articles and blog posts.
- Scriptwriting for a variety of internally produced asset types: trailers, infographics, social media content, and much more.
- Assist with storyboarding/shot lists/creative direction.
- Implement feedback received from stakeholders.
- Generate ideas for fresh creative content.
- Understand the different language styles that appeal to various target markets.
- Learn and become familiar with a multitude of gameplay aspects within our game.
- Proactively track, prioritize, organize, plan and implement tasks.
- Help maintain a calendar of upcoming content.
- Student of Journalism, English Literature, Screenwriting or Creative Writing.
- Native English speaker with an excellent grasp of spelling and grammar.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to write clear, persuasive, and original copy.
- Highly creative and imaginative.
- Possess a chameleon-like voice that can effectively reach audiences.
- Works well in a team and with a range of creative people.
- Client management skills: can see other people's points of view and understands how to manage feedback.
- Self-starter who can manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Keep a positive team-oriented attitude.
- Passionate about video games.
- Bonus: Writing background in videogame press or ad creative.
All applicants should include relevant writing samples and/or links to content which you have authored.
- An opportunity to work on a groundbreaking project from its inception with a lot of room for professional and personal development
- Competitive salary and 27 days of paid vacation
- Monthly public transport travel pass
- Monthly company co-contributions to private pensions
- Reimbursement for physical health activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mental health support
- Flexible office hours (with core hours)
- Monthly team events and activities
- A dog-friendly office, adjustable standing desks, and mobile AC units for hot summers
We explicitly encourage applications from applicants from groups underrepresented in games/tech spaces. We value all kinds of backgrounds and walks of life.