SAIT’s Centre for Applied Education Innovation (CAEI) department is a catalyst for excellence and creativity. It offers leadership and support in program design and course creation. CAEI is a vital participant in new initiatives related to SAIT strategic goals, the Education Plan and the future of curriculum development at SAIT.
At the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT), we are the shapers. The makers. The originals, driven by a passion for excellence and results that count. We offer action-based learning, solution-focused research and enterprising collaborations with partners from around the world.
We are a global leader in applied education, an Alberta Top Employer and a destination workplace empowering people to make a difference in the lives of students. Now is an exciting time to join this one-of-a-kind place … SAIT.
The Centre for Applied Education Innovation (CAEI) is a catalyst for excellence and creativity. It offers leadership and support in program design and course creation. CAEI is a vital participant in new initiatives related to SAIT strategic goals, the Education Plan and the future of curriculum development at SAIT. Its mandate is to plan and develop new programs, and to investigate and share advancements in technology, pedagogy and innovation within applied education.
CAEI’s writers and editors work in collaboration with curriculum development teams to produce high quality courses. They edit course materials including manuals, modules, labs, assignments, assessments and handouts.
They correct grammar, spelling and punctuation, and edit content to improve the quality of the written English in each course. They provide impartial feedback that ensures the writing in each document is as strong as the technical content. They also collaborate with key stakeholders across campus on special projects and institutional priorities.
- Edit and rewrite original and existing content, which includes:
- Organizing content logically in consultation with subject matter experts
- Editing content for clarity, style, inclusion and consistency
- Working with instructional designers and subject matter experts to ensure accuracy of content and alignment with learning outcomes and objectives
- Correcting errors in spelling, grammar, punctuation and usage
- Write original content based on subject matter expert input
- Ensure all curriculum materials adhere to SAIT’s copyright policy and guidelines
- Apply the curriculum development style guide, including accessibility guidelines and citations, to all curriculum materials
- Communicate clearly and professionally with team members
- Contribute to SAIT’s strategic objectives and initiatives that support institutional plans
- Maintain and expand professional competencies through formal and informal professional development activities
- Degree in English, Communications or similar
- Five or more years as an editor
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office
- Expert knowledge of English grammar, spelling, punctuation and usage
- Ability to organize and format documents expertly
- Knowledge of the curriculum development process in general and curriculum writing in particular
- Working knowledge of technical and educational terminology
- Knowledge and skills required to present technical content clearly and simply
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent research, organizational, and oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects at a time
Job Classification: Information Officer II
# of positions: 3
Posting End Date: June 27, 2022
SAIT is a global leader in applied education. Named one of Alberta’s Top Employers, we offer the chance to work with a purpose — preparing the next generation of industry leaders, entrepreneurs, advocates and explorers.
Building on our 100+ year history, we’re looking for innovative, bold and collaborative employees who embrace change and deliver world-class customer experiences. Your future starts now at SAIT.
Equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) is essential to achieving SAIT’s vision to be a global leader in applied education. It creates the conditions for a healthy campus where everyone feels welcome, respected and empowered to succeed. SAIT values fairness, shared accountability and the importance of representation. The institution expects a commitment from its students and employees to continuously develop an equitable and inclusive mindset that celebrates diverse experiences and perspectives. Learn more about EDI at SAIT.
BEWARE FALSE POSTINGS AND RECRUITING OFFERS
SAIT has been made aware of individuals or organizations posing as SAIT using false postings to attract job seekers and collect personal information. Please be aware that SAIT will never request sensitive personal information beyond what is required for an application.
Career opportunities at SAIT will always be posted on the SAIT career site and we encourage applicants to only apply directly through there. When your application is completed you will receive an email confirmation, if you did not receive one please check your junk mail or try applying through the SAIT career page again.