We’re looking for a curious, creative writer who enjoys bringing complex topics (like fintech and sales tax) to life for a variety of audiences -- from small business entrepreneurs to mid-market CFOs.
Our ideal candidate is comfortable across a variety of media, including long-long form blogs, digital advertising, emails, landing pages and videos (though experience in all of these formats isn’t a must).
We also don’t expect you to be a subject matter expert right away, but you should enjoy learning about tech and finance as well as the nuances of sales tax compliance.
We’ll look to you to be a champion of TaxJar and Stripe’s voice -- and we welcome your ideas on how we can approach content and creative work in innovative ways. Ours is a culture of experimentation, but we like to ground our strategy in data. You’ll work alongside a talented group of designers, writers and other creatives, who enjoy the spirit of collaboration without big egos.
- Create compelling content to drive leads, subscribers, awareness, and/or other important metrics (examples include e-books, whitepapers, infographics, guides, etc.).
- Work with designers and video pros to develop multimedia content including digital ads and videos
- Help develop content strategies that attract prospective customers, educate them, and encourage conversion.
- Partner with our social media manager on social content.
- Collaborate with designers, product marketing, sales, and external influencers and industry experts to produce relevant content that meets the needs of both key stakeholders and our audience.
- Convince others that your creative ideas are worth investing time and effort in. This role is at the core of the marketing team, and others will rely on your work every single day.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience.
- Past experience producing digital and web content as well as channel-specific knowledge (blog, SlideShare, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Self-sufficient at managing projects with many touchpoints
- A dual-minded approach: You’re highly creative writer who cares about the craft but can also be process-driven, think scale, and rely on data to make decisions.
TaxJar is focused on solving the absurdly complicated challenges of sales tax for e-commerce businesses. We were recently acquired by Stripe to join them on their mission of growing the GDP of the internet.
Stripe and TaxJar are a natural fit, both in terms of mission and culture. We are an inclusive team that values different perspectives. We set ambitious goals, and work together collaboratively -- not letting egos get in the way of great work.
Stripe and TaxJar are full of people who love a challenge, and never stop being curious and growing. We look forward to learning what you could bring to our team!