Bleacher Report is the #1 sports media brand that defines sports culture by capturing and creating the moments that matter with a mission to make it as easy as possible to be a sports fan. Our love of sports goes way beyond stats and standings, fueling top engagement across all social channels and through our own industry-leading B/R app. This year Bleacher Report was ranked as one of the ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’ by Fast Company. Find Bleacher Report on the web at www.bleacherreport.com and on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter @BleacherReport. Bleacher Report is a division of Turner Sports.
About the role
We are seeking a Writer for the Breaking News Team at Bleacher Report, a division of Turner Sports. Bleacher Report is the site of choice for the next generation of sports fans, engaging millions of users every month with its comprehensive, insightful and entertaining content. This position offers a solid starting point from which to build a career with Bleacher Report.
Writers in this role produce news articles around the day's biggest national stories and upcoming events, using existing reports, reaction and social media to create content in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
If you are interested in being considered for the role, you must submit a cover letter along with your application.
What you'll be doing
- Work with editors to update existing news stories and to create new reports.
- Create high-visibility pieces of content around sports' biggest events, on-field action and off-field issues.
- Follow protocol to meet demands of deadline-driven operation that works closely with Bleacher Report's Programming and Quality Control departments to create clean, engaging, accurate and timely content.
Experience you need
- Strong knowledge of a wide variety of sports, with some in-depth specialities.
- 1-3 years relevant experience in digital sports media.
- Ability to write about all aspects of sports on and off the field.
- Ability to write quickly and cleanly, according to AP style.
- Ability to use a variety of media to illustrate content.
- Comfort in online publishing and word-processing systems.
- Ability to navigate social media for newsworthy reactions to sports events.
- Effective communication and multi-tasking skills.
Benefits and perks include
- Collaborative and innovative work environment
- Monthly employee recognition program
- Annual bonus and merit program
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Perks ranging from growing your family benefits to discounts on entertainment events and services
- Fully-stocked snack and coffee bar in-office with a variety of food and beverages
- Year-round company and team events
Bleacher Report is a division of WarnerMedia, LLC. Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.