Quick Take: Axios is a new digital media company that tells you what matters and why to make you smarter, faster. We're hiring a Branded Content Writer!
Why it Matters: The Branded Content Writer will work to develop branded content for Axios’ advertising partners. As a member of the Branded Content team, you will work with the Branded Content Editor and with all members of the revenue team to build and maintain thought leadership campaigns for Axios’ brand partners in our trademark Smart Brevity style.
Go Deeper: We are looking for someone with strong writing and editing skills to create native branded content that appears on the Axios website, in our newsletters, and at our events. This is a highly collaborative role. Our ideal candidate is fast, thorough, able to hit daily deadlines, and works well on teams.
The Details: With the guidance of an editor, candidates must be able to craft original sponsored content and, where necessary, conduct research for content topics across a wide range of brands. Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for Axios’ mission, and have the following skills:
- Writing experience in a branded or editorial capacity
- Passion for thought leadership and storytelling on behalf of brands
- Demonstrated ability to research and brainstorm themes and messaging to align with client’s messaging goals, including advocacy, thought leadership and brand marketing campaigns
- Demonstrated experience writing on social media platforms
- Comfort with live interviews to assist in the creation and production of branded content
- Familiarity working on small creative teams to create client-driven materials
- Design / infographic skills are a plus
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional Pandemic-Related Benefits
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Classpass Discount
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.