THE WWE CREATIVE TEAM IS CURRENTLY STAFFING JUNIOR TO SENIOR LEVEL WRITING POSITIONS
WWE develops and produces the longest running weekly episodic television show in history. With 52 weeks of original programming combining action, adventure, comedy, horror, drama and reality, the creative team’s goal is to provide compelling stories portrayed by the world’s most charismatic, diverse, larger-than-life characters on or off television.
- Develop clearly defined yet emotionally complex characters for a diverse group of WWE Superstars
- Script descriptive, thought-provoking, edgy, creative storylines for Monday Night RAW, SmackDown LIVE as well as select programming on the WWE Network
- Collaborate with a team of road and home-based writers to create compelling Monday Night RAW and Smackdown LIVE stories that capture a global audience fitting multiple demographics
- Provide punch-up for specific scripted segments as well as review the totality of entire episodes for continuity and flow
- Incorporate consumer insights and social media to deliver impactful storylines that are consistent with the WWE brand and each talent’s skills and history
- Minimum of five years professional writing for TV, film or social media
- Professional TV staff experience in drama and comedy a plus
- Writing and directing reality television a plus
- Experience in all aspects of live TV production a plus
- Plugged into pop culture
- Work closely and effectively with Talent, Writers, and Producers
- Strong understanding of WWE's audience (demographic and psychographic) a plus but not required
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- BA/BS in Film, TV, Drama, Media Studies, Communications or similar field of study or industry experience in lieu of degree.
WWE is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer and is subject to federal regulations pertaining to employment. WWE does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under federal, state or local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities. WWE also provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and any other state or local laws.