“Hey, what’s a better way to say ‘amazing opportunity to join a super-awesome marketing team’?”
We are looking for skilled writers to add to the team, and forge long-lasting freelance, part-time or full-time relationships.
We are growing, so we’re ideally looking to hire multiple people by the end of 2020.
This opportunity is best suited for skilled storytellers, experienced in SaaS and/or video industry with a good amount of experience writing SEO articles. We’re looking for individuals who are able to talk the talk, and depending on the depth of the relationship, occasionally manage content like publishing and editing contributing articles.
The perfect person for this position will be a content creator who can turn words into readable chocolate, with a strong sense of direction and SEO. We do have a solid strategy in place, but this is a fast-growing market, so the trends are quick to shift and we need to be able to confidently refocus when needed.
Our team is incredibly smart, passionate, supportive, skilled, open to learning, happy to take constructive criticism and use it to level up. We’re looking for someone who can match that energy.
About the Role
Depending on the task and topic, you will work with different members of the marketing team. You will be provided a detailed brief that includes goals, ideas and deadlines and usually, a call with the key stakeholder for the article you’ll be writing. Roughly 80% of your time will be dedicated to creating various pieces of content, like SEO blog posts and landing pages. The remaining 20% will be split between random smaller tasks like proofreading copy for other marketing efforts, and occasional calls.
This is a fully remote position and depending on the agreement can provide stable working hours with a retainer, or a more flexible relationship. We do require a steady internet connection and a mandatory overlap of working hours with the rest of the team.
- 3+ years of experience writing (with writing samples to support)
- Experience in SaaS (as a writer, editor or content manager)
- Experience with SEO and keyword research is a must
- Impeccable sense of grammar and punctuation (American English)
- Creative writing style and ability to generate excitement in a copy (take a potato and turn it into Pringles)
- A fully functioning workstation and a quiet place to work (with their own laptop)
- Able to overlap at least 4 hours with our distributed team: from 6 AM to noon ET
- Quick to learn and able to understand audiences
- Able to work independently
- Native or near-native English speaker
- A confident decision-maker who bases decisions on hard evidence and numbers (‘Trust me bro’ doesn’t count)
- Mindful of deadlines and delivery, to help the managers keep some of their hair
- Overall a kind and fun person 🙂
Our Ideal Candidate Will Also Have
- Experience writing / editing scripts for videos is good to have but not a disqualifier
- Experience in video industry or OTT in general (nice to have, but a tall order, so definitely not a disqualifier)
- Good sense of content trends
- Ability identify SEO opportunities
- Flexible agreement based on your preferences. You can choose to join us freelance, or if you crave more stability, on a long-term retainer.
- Join an amazing, creative and motivated team
- Work from anywhere (OK, almost anywhere…), as long as you have regular overlap with Eastern Time business hours and reliable internet connectivity.
- Eligible paid days off per year, depending on the nature of the contract (after the first 3 months with the company)
How to Apply
- Click the Apply Now button
- We review the applications and email candidates who qualify for the second round
- The qualified candidates will be asked to do a test task: usually a video of yourself answering a few questions
- After we review the submissions, we will organize a Zoom interview with the successful candidates