Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader.
Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
You'll join a creative, cross-functional, team focused on one thing: making our employees feel proud to work here. Reporting to the team lead, you will work on internal content and campaigns, company wide messaging and narratives, internal website copy, and corporate documents. You will help create a new body of work and start the internal brand writing discipline.
Your main audience is Square, Inc.'s growing global employee population across our corporate teams and business units (including Square, Cash App, TIDAL, and TBD).
- Writing and editing creative content that keeps employees feeling connected to our purpose, each other, and our leadership
- Contributing to overall team vision, road maps, and creative strategy
- Updating our writing style guide and socializing its guidance to create a clear voice for editorial content
- Ensuring that internal platforms have a consistent voice and messaging
- Finding the most compelling employee and team stories from across the company
You’ll Partner With Others to Create
- Leadership communications and change management
- Messaging and script-writing for company all-hands
- Cohesive messaging for employee-facing communications, in collaboration with internal communications, external communications, and the Talent Brand teams
- 5-7+ years of relevant work experience in a creative role at an agency or in-house, or equivalent experience in journalism or another writing field
- A passion for creative storytelling
- Excellent grammar, writing, editing, proofreading, and editorial skills
- Experience writing compelling copy on multiple deliverables, from web pages and white papers to corporate reports and social campaigns
- Experience copy editing and proofreading a range of materials with an eye for brand consistency
- Familiarity with standard copy editing and proofing marks
- Ability and enthusiasm to collaborate with diverse teams
Nice to Have
- Experience working in Contentful or other CMS
- Experience working for industry-leading brands or publications
- Experience driving an editorial strategy and influencing others toward your vision
- Experience working with executives
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.