Thanks for your interest in working with PodReacher!
We’re seeking skilled writers to craft podcast show notes and articles based on podcast episodes. We work on podcasts in a range of industries, including legal, marketing, tech, and government contracting.
- 💰 $1,200 – $1,500 per month
- 📅 Applications Close August 20th
PodReacher writers create show notes to summarize, highlight and preview a podcast episode. Articles/blog posts are more substantial pieces of content that convey the major points from the episode in a journalistic way (check out some examples).
In some cases, light Internet research may be required to fill in information gaps and create the most polished content.
Your job is to do great writing and we make a major effort to ensure you have everything you need to do just that!
Most writers start out with show notes assignments and take on article assignments after 2-3 months. While we’re always interested in growing our team, we aim to nurture and reward writers who consistently do great work.
A lot of the shows we work with can get deep “in the weeds” on a given subject. We pride ourselves on creating content that is nuanced and smart. Even if you aren’t an expert in the subject matter, you need to be resourceful enough to figure out how best to convey things to the intended audience.
All qualified writers may apply, but we find writers with 2-5 years of professional writing experience tend to find this most rewarding!
We are especially interested in hearing from writers who can handle writing about software development, marketing, healthcare and sales for seasoned audiences.
Here Are a Few Things That Describe The Ideal Candidate
- You’re an excellent writer, ideally with some content marketing and journalism experience
- You’re not afraid of industry jargon terms
- You communicate clearly and frequently with colleagues and you’re comfortable using online project management tools (we use Trello)
- You’re open to feedback and able to adapt your writing style accordingly
- You take creating great content seriously! Writing is your craft and you hate to submit anything that is less than your best work
- Focus on writing, not on client management – We minimize your interaction with the client (no messy processes, pointless meetings, or unclear expectations) so that you can focus on the writing.
- Clearly defined and predictable assignments – No guessing or trying to read anyone’s mind. The scope of work will be clearly defined, and you won’t need to do any additional interviews or major research.
- Remote – Work from anywhere and on your own schedule.
- Payment: Pay for show notes ranges from $35 to $65 per assignment (depending on episode length). For blog posts, pay ranges from $100-$150 per post. Our top writers earn $1,200-$1,500 per month.
To apply, please click the apply now button on this page and complete the application form.