NerdWallet is looking for a travel rewards expert who wants to use his or her credit cards/points and miles knowledge to help consumers travel smarter.
As someone with firsthand experience maximizing travel rewards, you will help take our content to the next level by providing consumers with actionable tips and expert advice so they can maximize travel rewards and use credit cards effectively. As someone who analyzes award charts, transfer partner options, and terms and conditions pages on a daily basis, you are well-versed in earning and redeeming credit card rewards and you showcase this expertise through an engaging and fun writing style.
What our content team members have in common: We take initiative. We think strategically. We problem solve effectively. We're adaptable. We're highly collaborative.
Where you can make an impact:
- Help NerdWallet’s 100M+ annual visitors maximize their credit card rewards and navigate the complex systems of points, miles and loyalty programs with clear, precise and engaging articles.
- Share your passion for travel rewards with cross-functional teams, ensuring news, insights and emerging trends are thoughtfully integrated into content, business and PR/marketing strategies.
- Help inform NerdWallet's product experiences.
- Obsessed with all things credit card rewards like points/miles/cash back, using credit card rewards to save money on travel and ways to travel smarter.
- Excellent at time management, prioritization and handling multiple projects at once.
- Scrappy and fast paced, with strong attention to detail.
- Flexible and comfortable with ambiguity. (We're a successful startup that will continue to grow and innovate aggressively.)
- A versatile writer who truly enjoys helping consumers navigate credit card rewards.
- A strong communicator who is able to confidently interact with peers in the points and miles industry, and who wants to further grow your topic authority.
- Able to spot credit cards/travel rewards trends, develop a unique point of view and relay key consumer takeaways.
- In the know about key players in the space and their offerings.
- Someone who wants to expand your topic authority through online and offline engagements, interactions, events, etc.
- Able to write about complex topics with a clear, conversational tone.
- Comfortable giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- Passionate about self-improvement and your professional and personal growth.
- Expert, firsthand knowledge of loyalty and rewards programs, and credit card trends
- At least one year as a credit cards/travel rewards writer or editor
- An understanding of social media and SEO best practices
- CMS-savvy (WordPress experience preferred)
- Familiar with AP style
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- 401(k) with company match
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employee and their dependents
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter, gym and cell phone stipend
- $500 enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Catered lunches daily, free dinner and kitchens stocked full of snacks
- Onsite coffee bar with baristas
- Company happy hours, social events and outings
- Generous, flexible vacation
- Remote: co-working space subsidy
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.