Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Greatist is a highly energized space dedicated to providing readers expert information, motivation, and support on health and wellness. Our mission is to be the best friend who filters through the wellness BS so our readers can focus on growing their authentic selves.
We are looking for an experienced writer/reporter to help shape our wellness and lifestyle content. To meet objectives, the staff writer must know how to distill conversations from communities and social media platforms into succinct takeaways with a wellness edge, have knowledge of serving SEO intent, and be comfortable with on-the-fly interviews with experts and influencers.
While there will be times we require 1-day turnaround, this position is not meant to cover news writing ad hoc. You will learn how to balance value and longevity when pitching and craft Greatist as a trend-forward leader in driving conversation and providing expert-backed wellness information.
Join the world’s fastest-growing digital health platform, with a global audience of more than 200 million monthly readers. Healthline is one of the largest brands within the Red Ventures portfolio and includes prestigious digital properties such as Healthline.com, Medical News Today, and Greatist. We’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us continue to build a stronger, healthier world.
What You’ll Do
- Pitch and execute 3-4 short-form trend reports a week, based on social listening and as assigned by the Senior Editor
- Write 10 monthly high-quality SEO articles on traditional wellness topics with a refreshed POV to position Greatist as drivers of health inclusivity
- Trend research via social media and press releases, pitching the editorial team of topics where Greatist can stand out as a leader
- Assist with article production and communication across design and social media teams, as needed
- Maintain and champion the Greatist POV on nuanced and timely topics.
What We’re Looking For
- At least 4 years of writing experience, including interviewing, research, and editing
- A background in service journalism, SEO content creation, and/or social media content
- Ability to cull through press releases for relevancy, understand scientific research, and craft clear and clean copy
- Organizational skills for multi-tasking multiple projects at the same time (such as quick turn articles and deeply reported essays)
- Familiarity with pitching illuminating and energetic content via engaging headlines and decks
A Red Ventures Brand
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate.