About us: First Boulevard is a Digitally native, unapologetically Black, neobank built to eradicate the wealth gap in America. Black America has been underbanked, unbanked and underserved for centuries. First Boulevard empowers Black America to take control of their $1.4T in annual economic impact while also being fully inclusive and welcoming of all other communities.
Content is a major part of how First Boulevard drives its financial business. We're looking for part-time Freelance Writers who are passionate individuals who know how to build community and inspire members to take action. Our Freelance Writers produce relevant, inspiring, and thought-provoking content that inspires community and discussion and is relevant to Black Americans.
How Do You Know If You’re A Successful Freelance Writer at First Boulevard?
- Your content is thought-provoking, relevant, well-researched and you properly source credible references in your work
- Your content helps to steadily grow the First Boulevard community
- You’re putting out consistent (usually 2-3 articles a week) and timely content, and creating evergreen content when necessary
- You work to assert yourself as a subject matter expert around content such as Neobanking, and banking in Black America, but also work to produce content in a variety of other lifestyle topics
- The work you write is consistent with the brand and mission of First Boulevard
The Qualities of a Successful Freelance Writer at First Boulevard
- You have an insatiable appetite for learning- you want to delve further into complex financial, sociological, political and historical topics
- You have a unique, distinctive style that is representative of a voice in the Black community
- You have strong communication and presentation skills
- You are able to work across a racially and geographically diverse team
- You are a skilled storyteller who is an enthusiastic community builder
- You have a prior record of success publishing content on a variety of platforms
- You have some knowledge of marketing and branding knowledge, especially around creating excitement with a new product
- You are a voracious fact-checker and proofreader, and conduct basic SEO research when crafting your content
- You are constantly pitching topical articles to the team
Is this you? Apply today!