Join some of the world’s best problem-solvers, pioneers, and out-of-the-box thinkers. Since 2011, Everspring has partnered with leading universities to create a new standard of excellence in online education. Behind the curtain, you’ll find a dynamic, innovative, and collaborative team environment, with colleagues who continue to shape the culture and success of our company. Our heart is in our work; these aren’t your typical online education jobs – we’re always striving to make a difference in everything that we do.
Made up of creative services, instructional design, quality assurance, and faculty engagement, the Learning Design team inspires, engages and empowers each other to create the next generation of learning. This collaborative team works to translate traditional courseware into online formats in differentiating and compelling ways to create innovative online courses. In addition, the team supports our University partners’ faculty through comprehensive training before and after the course development process.
The Writer will leverage working on the Learning Design team to translate what Everspring does into compelling and convertible copy and materials to be used by the Sales team. This person is a master message maker who can listen carefully, persuade, and deliver written arguments that frame business and market opportunities.
The Writer understands the education industry, the technology space, and must be fluent in business language and concepts. Experience writing RFP responses is required, and will be an integral part of this role.
This position reports to the Senior Vice President, Learning and is located in Chicago, IL.
The ideal candidate:
- Possesses outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Has experience writing RFP responses
- Loves writing
- Has experience writing short and long form
- Has demonstrated success communicating effectively with university faculty and administrators, as well as with industry professionals
- Has a demonstrated track record creating compelling, clear, and persuasive sales or marketing materials
- Has experience in higher education writing, specifically working with elite universities
- Has a demonstrated track record of writing for different audiences and at different levels of granularity
- Has experience and is comfortable working with a wide range of academic and technology content
- Is a natural collaborator, but has the ability to work independently
- Interacts with others using sound judgment, good humor, and consistent fairness in a fast-paced environment
- Remain calm in stressful situations
- Is motivated by a passion to produce consistent results
- Is a highly responsible individual, who takes ownership, and can accomplish tough tasks
- Has a strong belief in the value of education for creating success in life
- Exhibits meticulous attention to detail
- Displays the highest levels of integrity
- Operates with a strong work ethic, requiring minimal supervision
- Wants to build and be part of a great team, doing a great thing
- Has a curious and creative mindset – enjoys change!
- Act as a subject matter expert in the areas of communication and message creation
- Create sales materials like “leave behinds,” infographics, pamphlets, PowerPoint presentations, responses to questionnaires, etc.
- Create materials for the Admissions team like talking points, value propositions, and calls to action content
- Manage, organize, and archive all sales materials and presentations
- Support the Request for Proposal (RFP) response process by collecting information and writing first-and-final drafts
- Support executive leadership by creating materials that support business development
- Curate and assist the Sales team in preparing for presentations and meetings
- Study the business and become an evangelist for our approach, model, and outcomes
- Help develop the “voice” of the business
- Assist in writing reports, briefs, and strategic documentation for internal purposes and for partners
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- 5-8 years’ experience in sales writing, communications, or marketing
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred, especially in English, Journalism, Communications, or other writing-intensive disciplines
- Ability to write a lot of material quickly
- Ability to create narratives supported by evidence
- Familiarity with Higher Education and Online Education
- Demonstrated ability to work across levels and functions of complex organizations
- Superior writing skills
Everspring is an equal opportunity employer.