Endgame360 is a fast-growing digital media company that today runs Showbiz Cheat Sheet, Sportscasting, Remoter.Co, and MotorBiscuit. A creative organization at its core, Endgame360’s primary goal is to delight its millions of monthly readers with high-quality content.
Relentless striving to foster a cycle of success, Endgame360’s mission is to combine data, technology, and storytelling to inform its on-the-go readers with high-quality content. The company’s three core values are teamwork, radical honesty, and innovation. With its positive, results-oriented, and inclusive culture, Endgame360 has been recognized as an Inc Magazine Best Workplace in 2020.
Publishing since 2009, the company now has over 130 employees across nearly 30 states and enjoys millions of monthly readers across its four sites. Endgame360 is well-positioned to continue its growth in content, readers, and revenues.
Anywhere in the continental United States as the company operates virtually across approximately 30 states currently. Endgame360 is headquartered in Asheville, NC, but has been a remote workforce since its inception. Preference may be given to candidates located in states in which we currently operate: AL, CA, CO, DC, DE, FL, GA, IL, KY, LA, MA, MD, MI, MO, NC, NJ, NM, NY, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, VT, WI, or WV. However, we may not automatically disqualify those living elsewhere in the United States.
As a Freelance Writer, you will report directly to the Section Editor responsible for the specific vertical within your site.
The duties and responsibilities outlined below include essential functions of the role. Depending on business needs, this role may perform a combination of some or all of the following duties. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
The Ongoing Responsibilities Are as Follows
- As a freelance writer with Endgame360, you are an independent contractor and are not considered an employee of Endgame360 or any of its brands.
- You will communicate via email with Endgame360’s Freelance Manager to claim and deliver freelance articles within agreed-upon deadlines. (Our current cap is up to 20 articles per month for each freelancer who has a contract with us.)
- You will draft articles in Word, Google Docs, or a similar format and submit them via email. Our in-house team will handle packaging and publishing the articles from there.
- Before starting with any freelance work, you will have the chance to review our brief on our article expectations for freelancers. This will describe the basics for what we expect from you as far as quality, research, sourcing, and article format prior to submission. If your articles do not meet our expectations, we will provide you with appropriate opportunities to correct that work. Repeated or serious breaches of those expectations may result in the termination of our existing freelance contract with you.
- Follow the quality guidelines for our site(s), establish knowledge of what a quality article on our site(s) is, and avoid issues of problematic headlines, weak attribution, poor grammar, and other potential issues that could cause readers to view our site’s work in a negative light.
- Establish strong research skills, including making use of linking and sourcing best practices, to show your stories are based on more than just one person’s opinion.
- Consistently deliver high-quality, self-edited, and professional articles. Have the ability to self-edit articles.
- Submit article pitches relevant to our site’s content and the types of content you normally cover for us. Submit articles you have committed to providing to us that were agreed upon between you and the Freelance Manager.
Demonstrated experience with journalistic and professional writing for other outlets. Experience with our topics areas, and with writing for publishers similar to ours, is preferred.
The final candidate will have many of the following experiences, skills, and personal attributes.
- A background in and passion for writing about a variety of topics relevant to the site you will be writing for, as well as a strong voice that makes your content engaging and unique.
- A drive and demonstrated ability to reach audiences with engaging and well-researched headlines.
- Working knowledge of SEO is preferred, but not required.
- A strong grasp of proper grammar and punctuation (e.g., Strunk & White’s The Elements of Style). Knowledge of AP Style is a plus.
- The skill to recognize interesting news elements, come up with story ideas, and have these appeal to our readers.
- Ability to submit work that follows our best practice guidelines and expectations, as laid out in the contract process.
- Ability to submit work that garners positive reader attention and pageviews.
A four-year college degree or equivalent work experience is preferred.
$75.00 per article
Endgame360 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including an exceptional bonus plan, flexible time off program, paid parental leave, paid family medical leave, health, dental, and vision insurances, 401k with employer match, a continuing education allowance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, meet & greets, and financial advising. Endgame360 offers short-term disability insurance fully paid by the company. Endgame360 also offers voluntary long-term disability insurance, voluntary life insurance, and commuter benefits. In addition, this role will include participation in a long-term incentive plan.
At Endgame360, We Insist That You Be You!
Our audience is made up of readers from many cultures and backgrounds. We celebrate that our team is no different. Here you have freedom to embrace what makes you, you: who you love, your gender identity and expression, skin color, age, appearance, disability, neurodiversity, DNA, military/veteran status, citizenship, and other factors that make up who you are. Your uniqueness is valued, welcomed, and appreciated here. We are dedicated to providing a positive workplace and base all employment decisions on your qualifications, performance, merits, as well as business needs. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
If this opportunity interests you and you fit the job description, please submit an application. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please feel free to contact People Ops at email@example.com to discuss.