Elo is looking for an experienced, part-time writer to join our (rapidly growing) marketing team. The successful candidate will contribute to a variety of content/marketing/copywriting projects and have a proven track record of creating SEO-friendly content on nutrition, food, and other health-related topics for a predominantly male audience.
Reporting to Our Marketing Director You Will
- Create and edit compelling content for Elo’s blog, product, social channels, and more.
- Champion Elo’s voice, and tone and contribute to the evolution of the brand’s style guide.
- Brainstorm and pitch content ideas to add to Elo’s growing content bank, and provide suggestions for optimizing existing pieces.
- Contribute to other marketing and communications projects, as needed.
Who We Are
Elo is a startup with a moonshot mission to transform food from the cause of disease to medicine. We are developing a precision nutrition service that harnesses the power of biomarkers to deliver nutrition for optimal health and aging with confidence.
Elo founders Ari Tulla and Tapio Tolvanen have worked together for 12 years creating two category-defining healthcare data companies: Quest Analytics and BetterDoctor. After a decade in the healthcare trenches, they believe the only way to truly change the system is to change what people eat. Elo’s experienced, fully virtual team is located around the world, running fast and looking for a like-minded writer with a fervor for health and wellness.
How We Hire
We want to get to know you, hear about your interests, and understand your future goals. We don’t ask gotcha-style questions or conduct cognitive tests. Our interview process is simple:
- Introductory Call: First, you’ll have a 45-minute Zoom call with Edwina, our Marketing Director. The goal of the conversation is to get to know each other and explore whether this role could be a good mutual fit. You’ll learn about Elo, the team, and have a chance to ask questions. If we’re both excited to continue, we’ll schedule a second call.
- Skills Conversations: Second, you’ll have a 45-minute Zoom call with Derek, our Head of Marketing. The goal of these conversations is to understand your experience, preferred work style, and dive deeper into the role requirements.
- Take-Home Assignment: Next, you’ll have a take-home assignment to test your skills in creating and editing content aligned with our brand/voice writing. We may end up scheduling additional chats with the team at this point if necessary!
- Chat with our CEO + reference check: Finally, you will have a 45-minute conversation with our CEO, Ari. If we think you’re the right candidate, we’ll talk to at least two people you’ve worked with before to understand your work style and ensure this mutual fit for everyone.
- Minimum of 5 years of editorial experience developing content, ideally for subscription services in health, wellness, and/or food.
- Familiarity with nutrition science, terminology, and studies.
- Excellent written communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Proven judgment creating compelling content with a working knowledge of SEO best-practices.
- Stellar organizational skills and the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- We’re working on one of the largest problems of our time and have a deep passion for helping millions of people live healthier lives.
- We are virtual-first and most of us have worked in virtual environments for over a decade. We know how to make virtual work!
- We are committed to helping you unleash your full potential and build your dream career. We are infinitely proud of team members from our previous companies who have become great leaders and even founders of their own companies.
- Many of us have families, so we both work hard and prioritize work/life balance.