Our product is unique in that it’s highly customizable - it can be used for use cases ranging from very simple to highly complex. It will be your job to write and oversee original content and copy for the ClickUp blog, marketing channels, social media, and creative assets that convey our customizability in a digestible format. You’ll deeply understand our different customer segments across verticals and mediums. In this role you will report to the Managing Editor and partner with the ClickUp blog team and broader Creative team, playing a critical role in strategizing, developing, and delivering stories about ClickUp.
You thrive on making the complicated simple, on telling human stories with empathy, and writing copy that motivates action and engagement. You are obsessed with telling the right story, at the right time, on the right platform, for the right people. You have extensive experience writing long and short-form articles yourself, as well as overseeing freelance writers. We are looking for someone with a proven track record in writing editorial, marketing, or branded content that is detail-oriented while also highly creative and flexible. You will ground your work in analytics and best practices and have an eye for converting readers and optimizing business growth.
- Collaborate with the Managing Editor to set and maintain the content calendar and goals for the ClickUp blog.
- Contribute ideas for new blog content franchises and tentpoles, attend brainstorms, kick-offs, and team meetings.
- Write new long and short-form articles, edit, and rework existing copy.
- Manage outgoing freelance assignments and incoming pitches.
- Maintain consistent brand voice, style, and quality across all editorial content.
- Copy editing all content to ensure it is free of all grammar errors.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, designers, and producers to identify and deliver content needs.
- Partner closely across the entire organization to uncover and create the most compelling and unique stories from multiple voices, including our customers.
- Monitor metrics to track the effectiveness of written copy and quickly iterate off of successful content.
- Have a firm understanding of the principles of performance media; including best practices at a channel-level, writing headlines and CTAs that get attention, make a clear point, and convert.
- 3+ years of writing experience on an editorial, branded, or marketing team.
- Proven track record of creating and positioning content to drive results.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating relevant, inspired writing samples, and an effective content development process.
- Digital-first style and a user-centric, strategy-based approach to writing that is both engaging and informative.
- Ability to thrive in our fast-paced, ever-changing, and highly collaborative environment; and assisting in other marketing, creative, and company-wide projects as needed.
- Familiarity with SEO concepts and best practices.
- Experience with project management software and other productivity tools in order to understand the pain points of our customers.
- Recent experience in B2B software/project management industry verticals.
- Deep understanding of all aspects of content creation, including digital marketing, SEO, web design, strategy, and UX writing.
- Experience with graphic production, Photoshop, Illustrator, Google Analytics, HTML, and/or WordPress (or a similar CMS) is a huge plus.