Balsam Brands is a multi-brand e-Commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading website such as www.BalsamHill.com.
We strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International** **is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company’s success.
The team in the Philippines enjoy full employee benefits including mandatories (SSS, PAG-IBIG, PhilHealth), 13th month pay, healthcare coverage +2 dependents, internet subsidy (after regularization), continuous learning benefits, access to counselling sessions, paid time off including volunteer days and holiday breaks. The meal subsidies, company trips and other perks are just cherry on top of the work-from-home setup.
Balsam International is looking for Freelance Writers to create web copy content for our websites. This is a project-based freelance position paid hourly for a maximum of 8 hours per day for a period of two months (August to September).
The Freelance Writer will receive writing assignments from the Project Lead, research assigned topics and products, and write a strong copy that follows the Company’ SEO guidelines. The Freelance Writer should be organized and have excellent time management skills. Our ideal applicant has several years of writing experience and a portfolio that demonstrates excellence in the craft. While formal education isn’t necessary, a bachelor’s degree in English or creative writing is preferred.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Meet with the Project Lead via Zoom once a week
- Receive article topics from the Project Lead
- Research the topic
- Write copies according the SEO guidelines (eg. keywords & word count) and prescribed writing styles.
- Write product descriptions, blog posts, promotional copy, and other content to support E-commerce and Marketing needs
- Submit drafts on a timely manner
- Fix any major issues if necessary
What You Bring To The Table
- Excellent command of the English language, with high level of American English reading, writing, and speaking skills
- Minimum 2 years of writing experience (either print or online)
- Passion for writing and ability to write engaging and informative copy on various subjects
- Experience in a variety of writing formats (long-form, blog posts, social, etc.)
- Must be proficient in basic MS Office applications and comfortable performing online research as required
- Outstanding organizational, time management, and communication skills
- Proactive, efficient, quick to learn, and has a strong work ethic
- Must have a dedicated, functional laptop that meets the following specifications:
For Windows Users
- OS: Windows 10 - 64 bit or higher
- Processor: Intel Core i3 or better
- RAM/Memory: 4GB or higher
- Hard Drive: 500GB or higher
For Mac Users
- Processor: 2GHz Intel Core i5
- Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- Start-up Disk: Macintosh HD
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB
Must have a fast, reliable DSL, Fiber, or Broadband connection (not mobile or broadband stick) as the primary internet connection with a minimum actual speed of 10MBPS.
Must have a back-up internet connection of the same speed if primary connection becomes spotty.
Must have licensed MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) including Outlook.
Note: An online assessment will also be part of the recruitment process.
Status: Project Based – 62 working days - 8 hours / day