AngelList is looking for a writer to help out our marketing efforts.
This role would have a single responsibility to start out— writing the weekly newsletter. Here's our current cadence:
- Tuesday: pitching topics to the team
- Wednesday: writing a first draft
- Thursday: incorporating feedback from editors and sending it out
If there's a fit, there's an opportunity to take on a broader content development role at AngelList.
What we're looking forWe don't have any hard experience requirements, but it's likely that you've been publishing your writing for 2+ years, and at least some of that content has been about the technology industry.
We're looking for the following skills:
- General writing ability. You can turn thoughts into coherent words quickly.
- Creativity. You understand your audience and can brainstorm topics that will capture their attention.
- Understanding of the tech industry. That's what you'll be writing about, after all.
- Self-management skills. We'll expect that you can meet deadlines.
Include in your applicationIn your application, please submit the following:
- Links to writing samples that you've published. These should be something you're proud of that showcase your writing skills.
- 3-5 pitches for the AngelList newsletter. We're defining a pitch as a subject line and a 50 word description of the content.