Do you have a passion for the written word and professional writing experience?
Are you highly computer literate, and already familiar with the WordPress content management system?
If you’re nodding your head in agreement with the above questions, you could be our perfect candidate. As a full-time WordPress blogger for WordCandy, you will be responsible for:
- Keeping up to speed with the latest developments in the self-hosted WordPress community.
- Experimenting with new WordPress features, themes, and plugins, as well as related products and services.
- Creating unique and engaging WordPress-related topic ideas.
- Crafting superb quality WordPress-related blog posts for some of the biggest WordPress blogs on the web, such as Elegant Themes and ThemeIsle.
Here’s What We’re Looking For From Our Ideal Applicant
- Solid writing skills. You have professional writing experience under your belt (ideally including blogging), and are passionate about writing for a living.
- Computer literacy. You’ve been using computers for as long as you can remember, and find it easy to pick up new things. You might not know WordPress in-depth (yet), but you’re confident that you’ll pick it up quickly.
- Passion for learning. You love the idea of diving into a role where you’ll learn new things every day, and value constructive criticism as a means of boosting your skills and experience.
- A love for remote working. You value the flexibility and autonomy of a remote working arrangement, and ideally have experience working under your own impetus.
Here Are the Key Details of the Role
- Starting pay of $2,500 per month.
- 7.5 hours per day, Monday–Friday.
Working for Wordcandy Offers a Number of Benefits
- Flexible working hours (as needed and if practically possible).
- Remote working from wherever in the world you are (or will be) based.
- Twenty days’ paid leave per year, plus a minimum of five days paid sick leave per year.
- Annual pay increases linked to increased cost of living.
- Team member-led performance-related pay increase proposals (i.e., we encourage you to tell us when you think you deserve a raise).
- Opportunities for promotion to editor, account manager, and beyond (we promote exclusively from within the team).
Note that this is a contractor (rather than employee) position.