Hero: We Build Solutions to Healthcare's Hardest Problems
Hero was founded as the world’s most people-focused healthcare company, investing the time and effort required to create truly frictionless solutions to the hardest, most pervasive problems in healthcare. We’re starting with the largest universal yet avoidable cost to the US healthcare system: medication management.
In 2018 we introduced a groundbreaking hardware device that automatically manages, sorts, and dispenses an individual's entire pill regimen, and it transformed how people manage their health. Combined with app-based notifications, and our direct-to-door prescription fulfillment service, Hero has driven medication adherence to levels never before achieved in healthcare.
We are seeking an experienced Brand and Content professional to build out our brand strategy and shape the Hero narrative, as we continue to rapidly grow our member base. This individual should live and breathe “users first”, bring a combination of analytical and creative skills, and develop concepts that set Hero apart, creating a strong position for market growth and recognition across various media channels.
In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of creating, implementing, managing and overseeing Hero content, including but not limited to: Brand strategy documents, marketing collateral, media assets, product copy and all other customer-facing materials. The work involves close collaboration with product, creative and growth teams to define the short and long-term strategy, and ensure a consistent and compelling narrative across the board.
Join us in bringing transformative healthcare products to market that improve the lives of millions!
- Build a deep understanding and insights (quantitative and qualitative) around the market and Hero’s users; use those learnings to shape the voice of Hero, develop brand strategy, personas and narratives, and create engaging content across B2C and B2B channels (widely used and emerging media).
- Fully own the production budget and manage projects accordingly, including the development of creative briefs for internal and external creative and communication partners.
- Be a content creator and strategist. Create innovative and strategic plans; develop, design, plan and execute content and media assets across various platforms to engage both current and future customers.
- Develop tools and guidelines to articulate the brand language and tone to drive consistency and cohesion of the product story.
- Manage all aspects of product marketing and member insights; quantify insights and socialize work on a regular basis while always remaining user-focused.
- Bachelor’s degree in Film, Writing, Journalism or a related field
- 10+ years of work experience, with at least 5+ years in a similar position
- Proven ability of creating and leading brand strategy for a consumer product, and directing it across multiple touch points (including Hardware and Software, Digital and Print).
- Creative thinker with the ability to craft a strong, relatable narrative and own the content production from concept to launch.
- Strong content creation and production background with proven success in both areas.
- Expertise using SEO best practices to write creative copy that combines brand alignment with effective keyword placement.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and thrive handling multiple projects at once in an early stage environment.
- Ability to travel as needed (post Covid-19 restrictions)
- Experience leading a similar role within a startup environment
- Experience as an editor & chief, hiring/mentoring writers
- Familiarity with the Healthcare space
- Agency background a plus