Bustle is seeking remote, part-time writers to cover trending Lifestyle news for our Life vertical. Day-to-day responsibilities include pitching and writing news stories on tight deadlines. Examples of the kinds of articles you’d work on include this story about a TikTok-viral recipe, this one announcing a new Starbucks drink, and this explainer on what the new internet slang you’re seeing in the comments really means.
The ideal candidate is TikTok-obssesed and up-to-date on the latest food and internet trends. Candidates must also be creative, familiar with Bustle’s voice, and able to produce high-quality, accurate copy in a fast-paced environment. Having an established list of PR contacts is a plus.
Candidates must have availability to work at least 3 days per week during business hours, ET. The writer will work remotely and communicate with the Lifestyle Editor throughout their shift.
- Pitching on-brand trending story ideas during each shift
- Writing 3-4 stories per shift comprising a mix of pitches and assignments
- Staying up-to-date on the latest viral trends
- A passion for food and internet trends
- 2+ years of editorial experience
- Experience tracking down sources, images, and press releases
- A knack for writing with voice and flair
- Familiarity with Bustle style, writing/reporting guidelines and SEO best practices
- Ability to maintain correspondence with editor throughout shift
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 100 million readers and 105 social fans turn to our brands – Bustle, Elite Daily, NYLON, The Zoe Report, W, Fatherly, Romper, Scary Mommy, The Dad, Gawker, Input, Inverse, and Mic – to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG was founded in 2013 and is headquartered in New York City.