Are you able to write engaging articles based on UX research findings?
Help shape the e-commerce experiences of some of the largest sites in the world.
Would you like to join the leading e-commerce UX research organization and help write and manage the free public UX research articles used by more than 25,000 of web professionals, including some of the biggest brands in the world (including Nike, Sears, Lenovo, Etsy)? Do you have excellent writing, organization, and communication skills?
Then apply for the following remote full-time position at Baymard Institute.
About Your Job at Baymard
A sincere passion for, and demonstrated excellence in, writing is essential as you’ll be spending at least 80% of your time composing and articulating research findings as written articles.
In this position, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining the public-facing content produced at Baymard mainly writing our biweekly blog articles but also sales and marketing pages.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for a variety of content tasks, including:
- Writing publicly available, research-based articles for baymard.com/blog. Most articles are written based on an existing UX guideline from Baymard Premium, so the research insight and 5070% of the article content is typically premade. Most of the time your role is to write an engaging intro and conclusion, edit out details from the guideline not suitable for the public context, ensure a clear angle in the article, etc. Writing public articles is expected to be 3050% of your time.
- Formatting and publishing the majority of content (text and images) at Baymard, including not only blog articles but also Premium research guidelines, as well as other website copy as needed. (1520% of your time.)
- Managing the editorial calendar for our articles (identifying appropriate articles to write and setting the editorial publication schedule for 6+ months). (510% of your time.)
- Responsible for keeping the content in a pristine condition on all our 1000s of public pages and Premium research pages through regular content maintenance. (1520% of your time.)
- Writing sales and public site microcopy and copy and quality assurance of existing copy. (510% of your time.)
- Identifying and suggesting ways to improve content sitewide at Baymard.com.
This position is full-time permanent and 100% remote (note that you are expected to have at least 2 hours of daily overlap with Europe/US during traditional business hours).
You will help expand and strengthen Baymard’s research core, which is the foundation for all of our products and services.
For this role, we’re looking for someone with the following qualifications. The numbers in brackets indicate the weighted importance of each on a 7-point scale (higher = more important).
These weights reflect how candidates are evaluated, so make sure your application illustrates your prowess in the highest-weighted skills and traits.
- [7/7] Experience writing about UX- and Usability-related topics and issues (e.g., have written UX blog articles)
- [6/7] Strong organizational skills. Specifically in relation to your ability to plan an editorial calendar and work on multiple content tasks simultaneously
- [5/7] Strong writing skills
- [5/7] Strong editing skills (specifically copyediting to ensure good flow, logical constructions, etc.)
- [2/7] Familiarity with using markup (or similar language) for publishing content on the web
- [2/7] Familiarity with the web industry’ and especially its jargon (can be from experience with web development, design, research, writing, etc.)
Salary: in accordance with qualifications, usually within the range USD 50,000 – 80,000 per year.
Start date: as soon as possible.