Funded by world-class investors including Silver Lake Waterman, Moody’s, Sequoia Capital, GV, Riverwood Capital, and others with over $290 million in funding, SecurityScorecard is the global leader in cybersecurity ratings and the only service with over 2M+ companies continuously rated. Founded in 2013 by security and risk experts Dr. Aleksandr Yampolskiy and Sam Kassoumeh, SecurityScorecard’s patented rating technology is used by over 16,000 organizations for enterprise risk management, third-party risk management, board reporting, due diligence, and cyber insurance underwriting. This is done by measuring your and your vendors' cyber-health by assigning a security rating of "A" through "F" based on outside-in, non-intrusive data. SecurityScorecard continues to make the world a safer place by transforming the way companies understand, improve and communicate cybersecurity risk to their boards, employees, and vendors.
SecurityScorecard is headquartered in NYC with over 260+ employees globally. Our culture has helped us be recognized by Inc Magazine as a "Best Workplace," "Best Places to Work in NYC" by Crain's NY, and one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in NY for two years in a row.
About The Team
Content Designers are system architects, using language as a design material to solve problems for the people and businesses using our products. From strategizing how information can best be sequenced to crafting outstanding user interface copy that helps our users succeed in their goals, you have an informed point of view as to how better experiences can be built through content, especially across large, complex workflows.
To be successful in this role, you'll need to be someone with a dedicated mindset towards making things happen. You can understand the big picture, take ownership, and tackle problems wherever they arise. Given the nature and scope of the role, domain knowledge in cybersecurity services is highly valuable, though not required.
What You Will Do
- Work alongside a fast-paced, global team of designers, product managers, engineers, and research to craft thoughtful experiences.
- Understand, construct, and improve our products, focusing on system design and solving problems using language. Craft user interface copy that is clear and educational, enabling our users to succeed.
- Develop, manage, and evangelize our voice, standards, and systems. Steward quality and consistency across our entire product.
- Drive the development and maintenance end user documentation based on information gathered from peers, technical specifications, and actual system use.
- Assist with documenting our design system.
- Efficiently and consistently document internal systems, processes, learning, architecture, and standards.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience on user-focused writing including work with software products, digital agencies, documentation or journalism
- BA/BS in a technical field (preferred), Journalism, English, or technical communication
- Strong experience in product content design, content strategy, and information architecture.
- Strong understanding of product design, system design, and the product development lifecycle.
- Must have shipped multiple products that people use.
- Experience working in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Google Docs, Sheets, Drive, Gmail, Trello, Mac, Jira Excellent communication skills.
- Examples of your fantastic writing abilities via a portfolio of writing samples, representing team and personal accomplishments
- Commitment to creating accessible and inclusive content.
- Team Player; you’ll be working with a cross-functional team of software engineers, data scientists, and product designers. Bring folks on your journey and support your decisions with focus and brevity.You can bring internal stakeholders on your design journey and support your decisions with focus and brevity.
- Ability to think deeply about why and how language and interfaces work together, with a clear point of view as to the impact of language on design. You can make complex terminology disappear.
- Experience strategizing and executing with product and engineering teams.
- Strong analytical skills, creative and strategic thinking skills, and a good sense of humor
- Experience moving fluidly between high-level content strategy practices and hands-on writing tasks
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental insurance, unlimited PTO, parental leave, tuition reimbursements, and much more!
SecurityScorecard embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.