We believe small businesses are at the heart of our communities, and championing them is worth fighting for. We empower small business owners to manage their finances fearlessly, by offering the simplest, all-in-one financial management solution they can't live without.
Wavers are a special breed. We could write a novel on our award-winning culture and what makes us, us. However, we’d rather just show you. Take 1 minute and 48 seconds out of your day to get a quick glimpse on why you should join us.
About the Product Content team
Reporting to the Product Content Strategist, you’ll join a diverse, cross-functional group of researchers, designers, and creatives on the Product Design team. This is an opportunity to join our small but mighty (and growing!) Product Content team in its early stages.
You’ll work with a fantastic group of people who have fun and look out for each other while delivering value directly to small business owners. We move quickly, break down boundaries across products and operations, and look to create scalable, simple solutions to complex problems.
About This Role
The Product Content team is looking for a writer to help craft the language and narrative for Wave’s suite of financial management tools. Contributing to a product team of designers, product managers, engineers, and data analysts, you’ll create clear, concise content to guide users across multiple channels and touch-points (including emails, notifications, and navigational and instructional elements).
How You’ll Make An Impact
You’ll help small business owners across North America feel empowered and in control of their financial future by communicating complex information in a simple, friendly way. You offer a content perspective throughout the development process to drive consensus and improve the overall experience.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with designers, developers, researchers, and product managers to deliver compelling product content.
- Collaborate on projects across the entire design lifecycle and multiple product launches.
- Write and edit content across multiple channels, including email, landing pages, and notifications.
- Distill complex information into simple, concise language.
- Write in Wave’s voice and style, incorporating our editorial and tone guidelines, to ensure consistency across platforms.
- Advocate for our users and recommend content approaches to influence strategic decisions.
- In collaboration with product designers, explore content possibilities to deliver the best experience and balance user needs with business goals.
- Leverage insights and data to support content recommendations, and continually iterate and refine your work.
You'll Thrive In This Role If You
- Have professional writing experience. This is not a marketing or traditional copywriting role: Previous experience in a UX writing or technical writing role is a big plus. If you have other writing or UX experience that you think translates well, we’d love to see your work!
- Have excellent writing and editing skills (this probably goes without saying—grammar nerds welcome!).
- Are an exceptional communicator. You have a collaborative approach and enjoy working together with different people and functions.
- Can prioritize and work with initiative. You’re comfortable with flexibility and enjoy having diverse responsibilities.
- Have a growth mindset. You care deeply about your craft and are continually looking to hone your skills. You’re open and receptive to feedback.
- Can provide an online or PDF portfolio to help us learn more about how you think and write.
What You Can Expect From Wave’s Recruitment Team
- We are human: Sara (and the rest of our team) is a real human being who is committed to giving you the best candidate experience out there. She also has a deep love for the outdoors and travel, so feel free to chat about your best adventures!
- We acknowledge you. We will review and respond to every application, whether you are selected for an interview or not.
- We are here for you. We will coach and support you through your recruitment process to help you prepare for every step of the way as best as we can - your success is our success.
- We respect your time. We will do our best to review applications quickly, run multiple interviews on the same day, and follow up in a timely manner.
- We help you grow. We will gladly provide feedback if you ask us, because whether you join our team or not, we hope this will be a positive and valuable experience for you.
- We listen to you. We will also welcome your feedback, and we will take your suggestions to heart, so that we continuously provide the absolute best candidate experience.
At Wave, you’re treated like the incredible human being you are.
Work From Where You Work Best: We will always have a welcoming, energizing, and world-class office (in Toronto) with a space for you. Or, if you’re more comfortable working from home, the choice is yours.
We Care About Future You: You will stretch yourself and you will grow at Wave. You will also be supported on this journey with diverse learning experiences, educational allowances, mentorship, and so much more.
We Support the Full You: We make a serious investment in your health & wellness. When we think about benefits we think about body, mind, & soul and we take this stuff very seriously.
We Take Care of the Fundamentals: Fair compensation, all the office perks you’d want, and the various goodies you’d expect from a growing tech company. This is the obvious stuff, but we don’t want you to think we forgot!
We believe that a diverse and inclusive culture creates the best workplace. We embrace our differences, value individuality, and the broad spectrum of every Waver's skills and abilities. We challenge each other from a place of respect and pursuit of continuous growth. We trust each other and encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, everyday. As Wavers, our voices matter, our opinions are met with an open mind. The best ideas win, no matter whose they are. Contributing to an inclusive culture is a part of all of our job descriptions.
Our culture is reflected in a stellar Glassdoor rating. We’ve been continuously recognized as one of Canada's Top Ten Most Admired Corporate Cultures and one of Canada’s Great Places to Work in categories including Technology, Millennials, Mental Health, Inclusion and Women.
Are you ready to be a Waver? Join us!