At Wallapop we are on a quest to help people with a collaborative economy, and to make the world more sustainable by extending the life of products.
Wallapop was founded in 2013. We are the marketplace for second-hand goods in Spain. With more than 8 million searches per day and over 10 million users across Spain with a catalogue of several hundreds of millions of products, we exist to empower people to promote a more conscious and human way of consumption. We achieve this by bringing together the scale and simplicity of classifieds with the convenience and the reach of the marketplace to create the world’s best unique goods trading platform.
Wallapop takes pride in having an open culture, where every opinion matters and everybody contributes in many different ways; through different internal cross-functional clubs aligning with people’s passions and interests.
We count 26 nationalities within our employee base and we operate in 2 languages: Spanish and English - this makes us pretty fun and special. While in most cases we are not attached to one language or the other, we encourage talent to embrace both languages and be able to operate outside their comfort zone. To ensure success we facilitate group and individual Spanish and English classes as part of our working day.
Our Company Values Are
- We are One Team: Communicative, trusting and inclusive
- We Dream & Deliver: Creative, impactful, pragmatic
- We Aim for Simplicity: Intentional, uncomplicated, humble
- We Learn & Grow: Constructive feedback, curiosity
- We organize ourselves into topic teams and embrace agile practices.
We are looking for a UX writer to become part of our product design team. You will have a key role in owning the content needs of some of our teams while collaborating with a wide range of stakeholders such as Product Designers, Researchers, Product Managers, Developers, Legal, etc. You will make Wallapop's user experience easy, useful and delightful, by facilitating, contributing and also influencing our design decisions.
What You Will Do
As a UX writer at Wallapop, you work on a broad range of different tasks, depending on the stage of each initiative:
- Write UX content that is based on research and data
- Partner with product designers to improve design decisions
- Ensure content clarity, consistency and alignment between UX and brand
- Work with topic teams (designers, product managers, devs, and others) to tackle content needs
- Document your decisions in order to develop string patterns
- Govern and maintain content through different tools and frameworks
- Suggest and implement improvements to content related WoW
- Be an advocate of the content value within the organization
What We’re Looking For
- Outstanding writing capabilities in English and/or Spanish combined with a real passion for words and content stuff
- 2+ years of experience creating content for digital products (UX writing, content design, content strategy, product writing, or similar)
- Ability to define patterns, not just write words
- Ability to communicate and share the rationale behind proposals
- Autonomy and capability to take full ownership of your work, taking responsibility for every last detail
- Ability to build one team relationships with others
- Optimally manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Being able to find the right healthy balance between perfectionism and efficiency
- Critical thinking and attention to detail
- Fluent communication skills in both English and Spanish
What Would Be A Plus
- Experience using analytics, user feedback, and user research to evaluate and improve UX content
- Awareness of agile methodologies and digital product development process
- Awareness of localization processes and tools such as Phrase or Lokalise
- Fluency in other languages
Wallapop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Our Hiring Process
PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO THE CURRENT COVID19 SITUATION ALL INTERVIEWS TAKE PLACE REMOTELY OVER HANGOUTS
Intro Call - ran by talent acquisition. It will take 30-45 minutes and will focus on giving you more information about the role and the company as well as going over your experience and expectations.
Test Stage - you are going to work on a writing exercise to share with us
Expertise interview - ran by the hiring team, focusing on hard skills and domaine knowledge required for the role. This usually takes 60 minutes.
Competency Interview - ran by talent acquisition and/or hiring manager. We will focus on gaining insights and understanding on how you operate in the workplace and your fit to our values. This usually takes 45 min to 1 hour.
Offer - should you be the right candidate, your offer will be discussed over a call with talent acquisition and will then be confirmed in writing.
As well as the opportunity to contribute to a very unique product set up and a meaningful mission, we offer the following Perks &
- A very international team and 2 official working languages (English & Spanish) there is never a dull day in our team!
- Brand-new, modern and inspirational office space with stunning views and a sunny terrace. All built with sustainable and recyclable materials! ***
- TOP hardware of your choice (apple or windows)
- Flexible working hours + intensive Fridays
- Generous individual learning budget + our very own Wallalibrary
- English & Spanish lessons
- Private Health Insurance
- Flexible remuneration to deduct from gross salary (kindergarten/food/transport check)
- TeamBuilding activities and Merchandising
- Virtual sports classes + Gym discount
- Extended newborn leave
- Bonus for weddings & newborns
- Referral Program & Charity Donation
- Wallarenta (Tax income support)
- Monthly plan for free shipping, bumps & home-pick-up on our services
- Surprise gifts when celebrating birthdays
- Wallanniversary loyalty program
- Walla from Home
- As we are currently all working from home for the foreseeable future, Wallapop contributes 30EUR towards your wifi monthly as part of your salary
- One-off payment based on compensation package to go towards setting up your wallahome office
- Relocation package (monetary support and legal advice), if applicable
Due to the COVID-19 sanitary crisis, we are currently working remotely until further notice. However, parts of our offices are still open to offer a voluntary co-working space as an alternative.