Busy people crave anything that makes things easier, that moves work from the foreground to the background, that can operate without our attention so we can focus on more important things. At Upside, we serve business travelers who are the busiest of the busy and the most stressed out of the stressed. They are counted on to deliver results that grow their companies and their careers – new clients, new vendors, new relationships, new opportunities. And, everytime we travel for work we sacrifice precious personal and family time. That’s why we never forget our customers are real people with families and feelings and things to get done.
We love to solve problems, and we have an upbeat view of the future. We are a diverse team of fiercely intelligent people who are great at what they do and great at doing it with others. Our goal is to transform the experience of buying travel and what it’s like to be on a business trip for travelers, travel managers, and companies. If you love building and selling things that give users the gift of more time to spend on what’s important to them, then Upside is the place for you.
- You’re a self-motivated creative problem solver with experience in a broad range of writing environments. You’re a high-level thinker who has a penchant for keeping track of details while crafting compelling microcopy that maximizes outcomes. You’re excited to help shape product experiences by creating useful, meaningful words that help users complete the task at hand. You’re known as a standout idea generator with excellent communication and organizational skills.
- You have 3-5 years of experience with a combination of UX writing, copywriting and content strategy. A degree in communications, design or HCI is recommended.
- You gather and use business and user insights to inform written solutions that make our products better and thus, effectively show how copy can make or break the user experience.
- You’re proud of how staunchly you advocate for our users.
- You’re an experienced digital strategist who has successfully demonstrated a strong ability to connect with consumers and generate response.
- You protect the integrity of our brand and our products through your understanding that when experiences are littered with confusing, misleading, or grammatically incorrect copy, the user can be left distinctly unimpressed or frustrated.
- You can teach us the science behind storytelling, and take us from good to great.
- You will create and be the voice of our brand and our products.
- You get excited about the chance to solve those pesky error message problems that can plague user experiences.
- You have some experience with design tools such as Figma or Sketch.
About The Gig
- Collaborate with UX designers, engineers, product managers, marketers, and researchers to help users.
- Analyze product metrics such as daily sessions, time-on-page, and goal completion rate to determine what’s working and what’s not.
- Plan and conduct some user research such as competitor analysis, then interpret data and qualitative feedback to create appropriate copy solutions.
- Support in the creation of user stories, personas, and storyboards.
- Help in determining information architecture. SEO and SEM skills preferred.
- Write, edit, and distribute clear, attractive copy using our distinct brand voice.
- Oversee content requirements and create content strategy deliverables across project/product life cycles.
- Monitor engagement and effectiveness of solutions to inform best practices.
- Project manage and deliver cross-organization content needs with speed and ease.
- Ability to work with the agile process in sprint teams.
- This is a contract to hire role.
We are positive, passionate, playful, and always pushing to be better. Our team is a hodgepodge of challenge seekers, travel gurus, startup junkies, and data-miners who see the big picture.
You Want To Talk To Us If…
You are motivated by disrupting the norm.
You have a great sense of humor and take your profession seriously, but not yourself.
Your entrepreneurial spirit drives your bias for action.
You are all about constructive feedback - you can dish it out and you can take it.
You thrive in the frenetic energy of a startup.
Upside Travel is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply. We are committed to being an inclusive place to work, while maintaining a workforce that represents the communities we serve.