Tinder is looking for a Contract Senior UX Writer! As an advocate for our users, you'll use content strategy, emotional intelligence, and engagement to help craft our product and see opportunities to build better experiences for our members. You're proactive, and passionate about ambiguity and problem-solving, and you have experience balancing multiple projects and prioritizing them to have the greatest impact for your team and the company.
You'll write and edit content for mobile and web interaction flows, as well as both apply and evolve our style guidelines. As an experienced product writer, your portfolio includes examples of how you've defined and simplified user experiences through UI content.
What You'll Do
- Create engaging and relevant copy for in-app experiences such as Q&A, paywalls, upsells, subscriptions, notifications, emails, and marketing modals.
- Create clear and concise usability copy to help guide our users through onboarding, error messages, disclaimers, and feature education.
- Understand how to balance business requirements and customer needs when building features.
- Contribute to our content standards and be a champion for best practices.
- Run and prioritize projects with multiple cross-functional partners across different time zones to bring product experiences to life.
- Collaborate with legal, localization, and QA support to ensure our products are appropriately and responsibly launched.
- Build compelling long-term strategies that allow content to scale globally while using metrics and research to guide and validate your work.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Technical Writing, UX, and HCI (or equivalent practical experience).
- 4+ years of validated experience in developing creative content for digital tech products.
- UX writing portfolio including, but not limited to: user interface copy, microcopy, user education, direct or transactional emails, style guides or product launch content.
- Self-starter who can balance multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and stay focused when faced with changing requirements.
- Experience collaborating with Product Management, Design, User Research, Engineering, and Localization teams.
- Experience in writing for growth and revenue features.
- Strong curiosity about dating or social app products and Gen Z audience.
- A passion for crafting products for a global audience: not just through translation, but reimagining products so that they’re effective across world philosophies.
- Experience with Figma and Sketch.
As Part of Our Team, You’ll Enjoy
- Working on a product that has an immediate impact on people’s lives all around the world
- Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues
- Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Other perks and wellness benefits like a fitness membership subsidy, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance offerings, and a commuter subsidy
- A robust Learning + Development offering including our MentorMatch program, access to a library of 6,000+ online learning courses through Udemy, and an annual L+D stipend
- Access to mental health resources
- Fertility preservation benefits
- No Meeting Wednesdays and access to a wide range of product and service discounts through Perkspot
- Charitable donations match up to $15,000 annually
- Monthly and weekly interactive virtual events including Book Club, trivia with prizes and yoga workouts
- The opportunity to join six active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We strive to make our workplace an inclusive and diverse environment, giving people from all walks of life the opportunity to have a voice. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience.