With thousands of beautiful spaces built for travel and living, Sonder is transforming the future of hospitality. Each Sonder is purposefully selected, designed and maintained - customized to reflect the vibe of its neighborhood. Whether your stay is two days, two months or two years, in a studio or a six-bedroom, Sonder ensures a unique, yet consistent experience. And with 24/7 contactless service, professional cleanings that exceed CDC recommendations, and over 200 other quality standards, we’re taking stay further for guests all around the world.
Sonder started in 2014, and now has thousands of spaces in cities across the globe.
A dedication to world class technology and operations, combined with a firm belief in the value of design, has today delivered over 5,000 Sonder spaces around the world, each powered by extraordinary guest-centered experiences. And in the midst of historic disruption in the hospitality industry, investors have bet big—with a $200mm Series E round—on Sonder's vision for the future of hospitality. Now with guest needs experiencing a paradigm shift in favor of Sonder's model, we're better positioned than ever to fulfill our mission and build the world's largest and most loved hospitality brand.
The Product/UX design team (within the Design and Experience group) focuses on designing digital products that shape our guest experiences as they plan, book, arrive and stay in their Sonder. Across our various users (guests, housekeepers, hospitality agents, and more) we advocate to be human-centered, ensuring their needs and behaviors drive key decision making.
At Sonder You Will
As Sr. UX Writer you’ll shape how we communicate our brand’s voice and tone across all digital touchpoints—our website, apps, e-mail and other communication channels. Your words will help translate complicated concepts into clear in-product copy.
You'll work closely with our design and product teams to establish and evangelize a consistent product voice. You'll also collaborate across functions, including brand, marketing, user research, compliance and more.
What We Look For
- 5+ years of experience working at a top design/advertising agency and/or a growing tech company
- Excellent writing and editing skills in addition to an understanding of user experience design
- Experience collaborating with product teams including product managers, UX designers, engineers, researchers, and data scientists.
- A global approach to your work, helping translation experts ensure consistency across various languages.
- You advocate for users and bring your perspective to all areas of a customer’s journey through critique and cross-team collaboration.
- Experience creating and maintaining a voice/tone/style guide
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Superior writing, editing and proofreading skills
We Also Have Great Benefits to Make Your Life Easier So You Can Focus on What You're Best At
- Competitive salary
- Generous stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- Annual free credits and discounts to stay in Sonders
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status or other protected classes