Before you read on, take a look around you. Chances are, pretty much everything you see has been shipped, often multiple times, in order to get there. E-commerce is exploding, and with it, parcel shipping is becoming a meaningful factor in a business' ability to succeed. Creating a compelling shipping experience for customers is hard but necessary.
At Shippo, our goal is to level the playing field by providing businesses access to shipping tools and terms that would not be available to them otherwise.
Shippo lowers the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world. As free and fast shipping becomes the norm, better access to shipping is a competitive advantage for businesses.
Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, marketplaces, and platforms are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. Businesses can get shipping rates, print labels, automate international documents, track shipments, and facilitate returns.
Internally, we think of Shippo as the building blocks of shipping. Shippos are a diverse set of individuals. We look for cultural and skill fit in every new person. Join us to build the foundations of something great, roll up your sleeves, and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, we are a proud team based out of San Francisco. Shippo’s investors include D1 Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub, and others.
There’s some debate about what to call it—Content Strategy, UX Writing, Content Design—but there’s no debate that we need it here at Shippo. Our mission is to make shipping super simple, but the messages we get back from our partners aren’t always clear! We see things like “128100 - Invalid sold to state province code” and “Rejected by SLM monitor” (real-life mystery messages) and it’s our job to make that understandable! You’ll also work closely with our marketing and branding teams to ensure consistent tone and terminology, but you won’t be responsible for marketing cop.
- Design, write, and improve the language so that our product is easier to use and so that our shippers understand what’s happening with their packages and customers
- Give and solicit feedback as an integrated part of the design team and cross-functional teams to create the best products
- Set strategy for language across the product and collaborate with marketing to make sure we’re consistent
- Partner with our internationalization and localization teams to deliver la meilleure expérience
- Help us build on our culture of thoughtful use of language.
- 5-10 years of experience writing with a design team
- Relevant bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience)Experience supporting translation and internationalization
- Strong cross-functional collaboration abilities
- Friendly but unfailing pedantry for all things written
- Insightful critique of the tone used in this job description.