Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world's largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we're growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent. Let's change the way the world thinks about money! Join the revolution!
About the Role
This is a fully remote role
As a UX writer, you’re an advocate for Kraken design principles, influencing product experiences across platforms by creating useful, meaningful copy that helps our clients achieve their goals. You help define the vision and narratives across multiple trading platforms and applications. You collaborate with people in a variety of UX design-related roles including product managers, developers, marketing and customer experience teams to establish a unified voice across all of our products. You consistently use empathy, logic and data to inform content choices and thrive when challenged to solve the new and unknown. You’re also a content strategist, defining product vision and narratives across multiple platforms and products you will co-own with designers as the content subject matter expert.
You will drive guidelines and document best practices, oversee complex omnichannel projects, and work with leadership to establish product goals. User experience is at the core of how we create intuitive, innovative trading experiences for Kraken clients. We strive to learn and understand their unique needs, behaviours, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. We work together on collaborative teams, all unified under a single goal to make cryptocurrency easy and accessible to everyone.
- Use writing and editing skills to write UX microcopy that facilitates user navigation, onboarding, error messages, instructional materials, and other pieces of the complete user experience
- Drive vision for product and content across a product or subject-matter domain, and ensure cohesive product narratives by documenting your strategies with guidelines and best practices
- Collaborate with designers, legal, marketing, product managers, and engineers. Influence and adapt to stakeholders and their feedback
- Provide UX writing and content strategy leadership to the team throughout the product development process
- Collaborate closely with designers, product managers, engineers and stakeholders to deliver end-to-end product experiences
- Apply business objectives into concepts creating mood boards, visual design concepts, and mockups of intuitive user experiences
- Distill and visualize complex data sets and attributes into summarizing views
- Define, create, and improve the tools and processes that accelerate workflows for other designers and developers
- Help define and expand on our existing design system
- Translate mockups into reusable components within a Figma design system
- Prototype and iterate designs to connect and optimize user flows
- Demonstrate proficiency communicating throughout the design process from formulating high-level strategy to executing pixel-perfect mockups
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Technical Writing, UX or equivalent practical experience
- 3 years of experience in user-centered product writing such as software, web or app based products
- Experience creating content for multi-disciplinary projects
- A portfolio of UX writing samples and pattern library documentation
- Experience with finance, cryptocurrency and blockchain technologies
- Experience with localization tools and accessibility best practices
- Knowledge of online technology and related products, including web and mobile UI and tools
- Familiarity with UX research principles, best practices and how to use data to drive informed user insights
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://jobs.lever.co/kraken. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.