Current Indigo employees should apply through the Internal Mobility page using your @indigo.ca email address.
Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life in one of our more than 150 Indigo, Indigospirit, Chapters and Coles stores across Canada. We offer a variety of exciting opportunities at our retail stores, distribution centres, and home office for people who share our passions and want to be part of a dynamic and enriching culture.
Who We Are
- We love books and all things beautiful
- We are Canada’s Cultural Department Store
- Books are our heart and our soul and Great Books are JUST the Beginning…
We Play by the Following Rules
- We exist to add joy to our customers’ lives each and every time they interact with us and our products
- Our job is to create joyful moments for our customers
- We treat each other the way we’d treat a valued friend
- We inspire each other to do our best work
- We seek to ignite creativity and innovation every day
- We give back to the communities in which we operate
The UX Writer, Digital Product is responsible for crafting content across all of Indigo’s digital touchpoints. The UX writer creates copy to guide our customers through the end-to-end eCommerce experience in a voice that is distinctly Indigo’s. This role collaborates closely with passionate cross-functional team members to create products and experiences that resonate with Indigo’s customers and employees.
What You’ll Do
- Write clear, concise, user-focused copy that guides and helps our customers across all digital channels (web, mobile, digital in-store)
- Collaborate with team members across Indigo, managing stakeholder feedback to create content that achieves business goals and informs and delights our customers
- Be involved with content strategy and content modelling to deliver content from a single CMS across an omnichannel experience
- Manage multiple active projects simultaneously, supporting multiple product teams in a sprint-based agile environment
- Be an active participant throughout the product lifecycle, you will research, design and deliver end-to-end customer experiences that are simple, intuitive, and delightful
- Utilize accessibility and Inclusive design best practices to author copy that not only adheres to guidelines but embraces the spirit of inclusivity
- Contribute to Indigo’s digital style guide to ensure that written content for digital channels is consistent and adheres to our brand tone and voice
- Help define and continually improve the way we integrate copy into our agile workflow, through use of copy decks, CMS, or other online tools
- Manage the process of French translation for all created content
- Partner with legal to ensure our digital content satisfies legal and regulatory requirements
- Model Indigo’s values and convey a positive image in everything you do
- Celebrate diversity of thought and have an open mindset
- Collaborate with others to drive flexible and iterative solutions, quickly and easily
- Share knowledge with others and actively seek to learn from those more knowledgeable than yourself
- Help others see the impacts of their efforts and proactively engage other functions to get input
- Encourage others to freely share their point of view and be open to feedback
- Model Indigo’s beliefs and convey a positive image in everything you do
- Celebrate diversity of thought and have an open mindset
- Take an active role in fostering a culture of continual learning, taking risks without the fear of making mistakes
- Embrace, champion and influence change through your team and/or the organization
WHO YOU ARE:
- Have a minimum of 3+ years creating UX copy for transactional experiences across different channels (web, mobile) for different audiences
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Focused on creating copy that is clear and concise
- Detail oriented and meticulous in crafting your deliverables
- Understand that copy works in concert with design and function to communicate with users
- Love bringing your expertise to collaborative sessions and work with a cross-functional group to solve problems holistically
- Possess the ability to utilize voice and tone to instill the brand throughout experiences appropriately
- Know how to integrate SEO recommendations into customer-facing copy organically
- Experience creating sites to WCAG/AODA standards
- Intimately familiar with working in the project delivery lifecycle
- Considerate of everyone’s point of view, putting the project, team and ultimately the customer first
- Have a strong portfolio showcasing your work
- Marketing / brand writing is a strong asset
- Experience in eCommerce is a strong asset, ideally for an omni-channel retailer
- Comfortable working in Confluence, Figma and other online tools to manage deliverables
- Organized and able to coordinate multiple projects at the same time
- Strong communication skills with an ability to tell compelling stories about the work.
At Indigo, we are committed to our communities, our customers, and each other; together we can make a positive impact. We know that fostering diversity and inclusion brings out your full potential and creates a joyful and welcoming environment for everyone.
We are driven to be an equitable employer, which highly values your diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that you, in all your uniqueness, belong at Indigo. We welcome all applicants and encourage applications from individuals who identify as Black, Indigenous, a person of colour, LGBTQ2+ and people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request to individuals who self-identify as having a disability or special need. Please contact Human Resources at 1 (888) 881-3177 (toll free) or Support-HR@indigo.ca if you require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.