Fasten your helmet and hop on if you’re ready to be our UX Writer for the Gojek Driver Platform team. In this role, you will be an integral player within the Driver Platform Team based in Indonesia.
Focusing heavily on providing the best user experience for our driver-partners, your communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills will be essential to help the team to create impactful words/copy. The folks in the Driver Platform Team will be your companions on this ride, helping us create an enormous social impact for our partners.
What You Will Do
- Work on at least 1 to 2 product groups or streams to deliver features and improvements in a well-defined scope
- Participate in an end-to-end design process with peer researchers, designers, product, and engineering team
- Manage own tasks responsibly, make recommendations for their own and junior writers, seek feedback from relevant stakeholders
- Ensure the quality of output by self and improving the quality over time
- Collaborate and coordinate with Interaction designers, product designers, creative, business stakeholders, and engineering to deliver user-centric solutions
- Manage projects and expected to deliver accordingly based on the timeline
- Proactively attend a series of design reviews to ensure solutions are on par with design and are bug-free
What You Will Need
- At least 2 years of experience in the UX writing
- Excellent knowledge of grammar both in English and Indonesian
- Good knowledge of writing fundamentals such as structured thinking, critical, and creative thinking in order to develop their writing output
- Good knowledge of product design such as design thinking framework and other frameworks in order to develop writing
- Insatiable curiosity to know your users, and how to make their lives better
- An eye to find out the root cause of an issue, and validate your copy and or solution, either through quantitative or qualitative research
- Stellar skills in project management, stakeholders management, collaboration across roles, problem-solving, and seeking and giving feedback
- Firm empathy and being able to put the team’s needs above self (it’s not about you!)
About the Team
The Gojek Design Team is made up of around a hundred designers spread across two countries and seven teams. Our members come from a wide range of backgrounds and are experts in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Product Design, UX Writing, Illustration, Service Design, UX Research, and Motion Design. Together we envision, create, and support products and services that meaningfully improve the lives of our customers.
We’ve come a long way since 2015 when we were a small central team of 15 designers working to build and support products that were scaling at an unprecedented rate. Since then, we’ve grown with the rest of the organization in bringing to life over 24 different products.
Various obstacles presented themselves, from the actual design process, ensuring we weren’t a bottleneck, to fostering a design-based philosophy throughout the company. Since then, we’ve been educating everyone around us on the importance of design, and why it makes sense to start with the users and work backward. We’ve continuously evolved our design processes, improved the quality of our outcomes, expanded our reach within the organization, and relentlessly advocated for our customers.
As a team, we’re concerned not only with the growth of the company, but each other’s personal growth and well-being, too; we enjoy bonding over our shared love of good food, easy home recipes, and the best places to eat in our cities. When we aren't working, you'd probably find us catching up with each other over Zoom, binging the latest Netflix dramas, or ordering food through GoFood ;)
Gojek is a Super App. It’s one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and dozen other products. It is Indonesia’s first and only decacorn. It's also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business and MSMEs.
As of 2021, Gojek processed more than $9 billion annualised gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia, (outside of China), and the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Our investors include Google, Facebook, PayPal, Sequoia Capital, Tencent Holdings among others.
Gojek is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.