Founded in 2014, Giving Assistant is a fast growing, mission-driven, for-profit, Certified B Corporation. We envision a shopping economy where giving back is easy, and every purchase makes a difference no matter where you shop. Consumers will expect and demand nothing less. The winning companies will not only offer great products, they will also invest in the social and environmental missions that matter most to their customers.
We believe shopping and giving go together. We know that consumers shop more when they support a cause they love. That's why we have committed our team, partnerships, and technology to transform the collective power of consumer shopping into a new sustainable source of giving.
Giving Assistant empowers brands to enhance the shopping experience with personalized giving as a way to help consumers create impact, with each purchase. To date, our platform has generated over $5 million in donations to tens of thousands of U.S. nonprofits.
To transform the collective power of consumer shopping into a new sustainable source of giving.
Our Core Values
- Work Smart, Live Well
- Do More with Less
- Be a Team Player
- Uphold Integrity & Transparency
- Inspire Giving
- Own the Experience
Giving Assistant is looking for an experienced, versatile, multi-faceted UX Writer to perform copywriting magic on our products. This is a remote full time role.
As UX Writer, you’ll be doing way more than just writing button copy and tooltips. (Though there will be plenty of that.) You’ll be crafting landing pages, too—maybe even naming a few features or knocking out some editorial and marketing pieces.
You will be reporting to our Communications Manager, where you’ll help serve as the golden thread that links our Product and Communications teams together, expertly applying our brand’s voice and audience personas to every project you work on...and making it even better!
- Support and empower Giving Assistant’s voice by writing smart, consistent, pristine UX copy, landing page copy, and more
- Write across multiple mediums, multiple products, in many different contexts, all while juggling multiple projects at once with dexterity, commitment, ingenuity, and grace
- Write effectively for 3 different users (all with different values and appeals): Online shoppers, nonprofits, and retail brand decision-makers
- Write copy that makes our product fun and easy for everyone to use, while also upholding our reputation as a smart, conscientious brand persona
- Cleverly communicate lots of big ideas in lots of teeny tiny spaces
- Collaborate with product managers and designers as they conduct user research (ie., usability studies, surveys, A/B testing, analyzing both qualitative and quantitative data, etc.), and adjust your copy strategies as needed
- Collaborate with the Communications Manager and Growth Marketing team as we grow our brand, analyze user data and personas, and develop and test evidence-based strategies
- Analyze the emotional states of online shopper and nonprofit personas and intuit their behaviors as accurately as possible
- Over-communicate and take total responsibility for your work; Practice integrity and consideration for all stakeholders (ie., communicating transparently about deadlines, needs, etc.)
- Play nicely with engineers, product managers, designers, and other super smart, super passionate folks
- Maintain a running knowledge of our company’s goals, and think about those goals when making creative decisions
- 3+ years’ experience as a UX Writer
- An online portfolio of relevant work samples demonstrating your organizational and creative chops and your ability to convert. (Samples of UX copy, landing pages, emails highly preferred.)
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Creative Writing, Advertising, Communications, Psychology, or related field strongly preferred, but open to non-degreed applicants with very strong portfolios
- Experience writing for UI, within product teams, and are comfortable and familiar with the tech culture
- Strong visual communication skills and an eye for design
- An eagle eye for mistakes and typos and syntax errors who has maybe, just maybe, once corrected their English teacher in front of the whole class…(not judging)
- Strong research skills and a willingness to take initiative when it comes to getting answers to your hypotheses
- A growth mindset and a positive attitude; you’re both comfortable with and welcoming of criticism
- A heart on your sleeve and an obsession with studying, understanding, and empathizing with people
- An ability to work remotely like a champ: you’re consistent, productive, available, communicative, an independently motivated
- Bonus: You’ve demonstrated an ability to reach and convert both nonprofit personas and online shoppers (that means both B2B and B2C) and can prove it
Our business is growing rapidly and presents unique, evolving challenges. You should thrive in a fast-paced environment and find purpose in your work from having a measurable positive impact on society.
Giving Assistant has a competitive compensation plan that includes:
- A competitive annual salary that factors in location and experience
- Stock options
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Unlimited Vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Stipend for continuing education
- Have a measurable positive impact on society
- Work with a team of passionate professionals (and a few dogs!) in a new, beautiful & environmentally friendly skyscraper
- Pre-tax commuter, dependent care, and health FSAs
- Employer-sponsored 401K
- Cashback donation matching
- Quarterly company retreats and volunteer activities
- Audible membership
- Option to work from home Wednesdays and Fridays
- Weekly company social
Giving Assistant believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. Giving Assistant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. We strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented minorities in tech to apply.