We are Flink - your online supermarket revolutionising the way you do your grocery shopping. With a wide selection of over 2,400 high quality products, we aim to deliver to your door within minutes. We put our customers first and ensure all products delivered are fresh and nutritious. In addition to this, we are able customise our national assortment to be able to offer you unique local products in every city. Our delivery hubs are located in densely populated inner city locations and we strive to be sustainable by delivering on electric bikes and using packaging that can be recycled.
Founded by experienced e-commerce professionals and backed by some of the most renowned investors in Europe, we are growing rapidly and have a great hunger to continuously challenge ourselves. We pride ourselves in being an inclusive and equal opportunities employer with a diverse and multicultural team. If you want to be part of this exciting journey… read on!
As part of our rapidly growing product & design team, you will shape and optimise the user experience for how customers find and buy everyday essentials, and discover new local products.
We are looking for a bright and creative wordsmith to collaborate with UX, product and engineering to write user-centred UX copy and product content. You will shape how customers understand and engage with our products.
- Write clear, consistent, concise and useful user-interface text to guide Flink customers as they navigate the app.
- Develop information architecture for the app, and providing text for early stages of projects - from the discovery phase, to the implementation phase.
- Champion a cohesive brand voice across the entire ecosystem of our products.
- Collaborate with designers, researchers, product managers and engineers to deliver compelling UX solutions.
- Act as a subject matter expert, present and rationalize your work to stakeholders
- Use data and research to evaluate UX writing’s impact
- Look at messaging through a global lens to deliver experiences that can be localized to different markets.
- Maintain and document evolving content, and voice/tone standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Human-Centered Design, Communications, Linguistics or Translation, or degree-level written English with a strong understanding of grammar, and syntax
- 3+ relevant writing experience in UX, translating complex concepts and processes into clear, concise, useful and relatable terms for different audiences.
- Experience solving problems for UX holistically, considering every facet of the user journey, and how UX writing fits into it.
- A strong understanding of user-centered design principles
- Familiar with testing and validating product concepts, experience flows, or pieces of content with users to assess comprehension, using that feedback to push for improvements.
- Proven skill transforming functional product goals into emotionally appealing and guiding UX microcopy.
Nice to haves
- Experience working with agile methodologies, sprint set-ups, and within cross-functional teams
- Experience with localization and accessibility best practices
- A portfolio showcasing pieces of work
- German or foreign languages are a plus
- A steep learning curve, the possibility to work in an energized and dynamic company within a fast-paced environment, work in a large team with other researchers, designers & writers
- A cool discount off your personal Flink orders, be the first to test out new products!
- Unlimited access to an e-learning and development platform, MyAcademy, including online German courses
- Attractive company pension options
- Online discounts with Corporate Benefits and Future Bens
- A unique opportunity to be an early bird and have an impact on our strategy & growth
- A steep learning curve, the possibility to work in an energised and dynamic team within a fast-paced environment
- For Berlin: A newly renovated and spacious, dog-friendly HQ in the heart of Mitte - lots of delicious lunch spots available within short walking distance
It is our commitment that every applicant will be evaluated according to their skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion.