Designlab is looking for a contract Learning Content Creator to join our team and help us take our industry-leading UX Academy bootcamp and learning platform to the next level.
We're a nimble, product-driven team focused on building the best experience in the world for creative skills training, and thousands of students across the globe have already advanced their skills and changed careers with our help.
Our mission is to empower creators to do the work they love, and this extends to our internal philosophy of how we work. Thanks to our best-in-class product with rave reviews, we’ve built a passionate community of students, mentors and alumni.
In this part-time role, you'll help us improve and expand our UX design curriculum. You'll independently produce written content for our UX Academy bootcamp and advanced course offerings using acknowledged best practices across all content mediums: articles, how-to guides, case studies, assessments, scripts for audio and video assets, and whatever else we can dream up!
Sound interesting? Read on to see if the role is a good fit for you!
- Have demonstrated experience in writing high-quality content with measurable impact for learners
- Are savvy about what good learning content looks like, with a sound understanding of instructional and pedagogical principles
- Have expertise in creating content for the design education space
- Ground your content in both desk research and outreach to industry professionals, design mentors, and external experts
- Have exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Have strong organizational skills, work ethic, and attention to detail
- Love the thought of partnering with learning experience design, UX design, engineering, growth, and our mentor and student community to create a best-in-class learning experience
- Are excited about working on the future of UX design education with a small, talented, mission-driven team
- Own and deliver well-written and edited instructional content for Designlab's courses
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure supporting assets meet our instructional goals (image, video, audio)
- Manage your own backlog of instructional content needs, regularly communicating progress, priorities, and milestones
- Copy-write and edit written work of other contributors to a high standard, as needed
- Help with fixing curriculum bugs, typos, and broken links, as needed
- 2+ years of experience writing instructional content for self-directed learning
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong research and synthesis skills
- Experience working on instructional content for User Experience Designers (advanced topics a plus)
- Strong skills in partnering with cross-functional teams to deliver quality instructional content
- Ability to work remotely with high speed internet access
- Competitive hourly rate
- Team is 100% remote, work where you want
- Flexible hours, working mostly in US time zones (EST/PST)
- Work with a talented, mission-driven team on a product that’s innovating in the online education space with thousands of paying customers around the world
How to Apply
Apply by clicking the button below
We’ll contact you to let you know whether we’re moving forward with your application within 2 weeks.
At Designlab, we know that building a diverse, equitable and inclusive team empowers our community to achieve beyond the ordinary. We are committed to celebrating our differences as they are core to ensuring that our journey is both unique and powerful.