Bill.com is a leading provider of cloud-based software that simplifies, digitizes, and automates complex, back-office financial operations for small and midsize businesses. Customers use the Bill.com platform to manage end-to-end financial workflows and to process payments. The Bill.com AI-enabled, financial software platform creates connections between businesses and their suppliers and clients. It helps manage cash inflows and outflow. The company partners with several of the largest U.S. financial institutions, the majority of the top 100 U.S. accounting firms, and popular accounting software providers. Bill.com has offices in San Jose, California and Houston, Texas.
Invoice2go, a subsidiary of Bill.com, is a technology company that helps small business owners run and grow their business their way. Simple from start to finish, Invoice2go gives users an all-in-one platform to manage customer relationships, send invoices, accept payments, improve cash flow, create an online presence, and much more. These features help users stay organized, look and feel professional, win more jobs, and ensure that tax season is a breeze.
UX writers understand how important language is to product design. They know that the words they use make a huge difference to a user’s experience. They’re as passionate about great design and research as they are about words. Our writers are embedded in product teams, and work closely with product designers and researchers.
Professional Experience/Background to Be Successful in This Role
- Professional experience working as a writer on digital product experiences.
- Experience working in an agile environment, and an understanding of agile methods and processes.
- A good understanding of the design process, and how language affects user experiences.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Examples of how you’ve appropriately expressed brand personality in product experiences.
- Experience working with researchers, and using research insights to improve content.
- A portfolio of relevant work to show what you can do.
- Provide end-to-end copy and content support for product teams.
- Collaborate closely with designers, product managers, researchers and engineers, giving considered copy and design feedback, and helping to build exceptional experiences.
- Create and maintain guidelines to inform language choices. This includes style guides, voice and tone, UX writing principles, and purpose-specific practice guides.
- Contribute to user research projects (especially those with a content focus), and conduct your own language research.
- Evaluate and improve the quality of localized / translated copy.
- Help to define and improve ways of working with stakeholders, and production workflow.
- Identify new opportunities to improve product experiences with writing.
Bill.com is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
- Humble – No ego
- Fun – Celebrate the moments
- Authentic – We are who we are
- Passionate – Love what you do
- Dedicated – To each other and the customer