Who are we and why should you join us?
- We help people change their lives. BetterHelp is the world’s largest therapy service. We set out on a mission to provide everyone with easy, affordable, and private access to professional counseling: anytime, anywhere. To date, our network of over 15,000 licensed, accredited, and board-certified therapists have assisted more than 1,000,000 people. Every month, our secure website and mobile app facilitate over 5,000,000 messages, chats, voice calls, and video sessions that help people face life’s challenges.
- We’re taking mental healthcare to the next level. We combine clinical care, cutting-edge technology and data-driven product development to constantly learn, iterate, and improve. We are relentless in our pursuit of better, always questioning the status quo and discovering new ways to get things done and serve our members.
- We are a community that grows together - both professionally and personally. Even with our exponential growth, our team is kept agile and nimble, allowing you to have a huge impact and carve your own path from day one. We invest in our team’s well-being and professional development because we know that business and individual growth go hand-in-hand. You will move fast, remain flexible, and be challenged every day. Join us!
What Are We Looking For?
BetterHelp is looking for a passionate UX Writer with experience in building and growing successful consumer (B2C) products. In this role, you will work closely with the marketing and product team to help bring new products and features to market, as well as refine how we position and communicate our existing products to users.
Depending on the product or feature, you will also play the role of Product Manager and own certain product launches and changes end-to-end.
While this role is primarily focused on members seeking and getting therapy, you will also be involved in our therapist and business facing products. It is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to execute fast and see quick results -- while making a real difference in the world.
What Will You Do?
- Conduct market and user research to determine the best way to communicate our product features and value propositions.
- Validate your hypothesis and findings with well structured experiments and A/B tests, own these product changes end to end (i.e. act like a Product Manager).
- Develop a language and tone guide for our product, work closely with the product and development teams to ensure we use optimal and consistent language throughout our products.
- Be involved in both marketing creative/brand efforts, take any learnings from the marketing team to the product team and vice versa.
- Effectively analyze and present data to the team. Proactively identify winning strategies and execute on them based on this data.
- Lead complex initiatives in a fast-paced ‘startup-like’ environment to drive flawless, on-time execution.
What Will You NOT Do?
- You will NOT worry about "runway", "cash left", or "how much time we have until the next round". We have the startup DNA but we're fully backed and funded, all the way to success.
- You will NOT be confined to your "job". You will get involved in product, marketing, business strategy, and almost everything we do.
- You will NOT be bogged down by office politics, ego, or bad attitude. Only positive, pleasure-to-work-with people allowed here!
- You will NOT get yourself burned out. We work hard but we believe in maintaining a sustainable work/life balance. Really.
- At least 2 year of UX Writing experience in a high growth, large scale consumer product.
- Able to demonstrate projects which measured and significantly improved business KPIs (conversion, retention, revenue etc) using effective go-to market strategy and excellent execution.
- Deep experience in conversion optimization and A/B testing.
- Experience conducting market and user research to develop effective customer facing content and value propositions.
- Must be data-driven, demonstrating the ability to understand key performance drivers and the ability to execute against findings. Experience with web analytics and data analytics tools.
- Strong understanding of consumer web products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a discerning eye for design.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to work independently.
- Competitive salary & equity compensation
- Excellent health, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Ridiculous perks program
- Office in the heart of downtown Mountain View, a three-minute walk from Caltrain
- Commuter benefits, FSA accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase Programs
- Building something that matters - loved by the people and admired by the press
- Any piece of hardware or software that will make you happy and productive
- Awesome people to work with
- Nothing to slow you down
- Helping people live a better life, every day
At BetterHelp we thrive on difference and individuality, and as part of the Teladoc Health family, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status, parental status, disability, or Veteran status.