Better Therapeutics ("Better") is developing first-in-class prescription digital therapeutics to deliver behavioral therapy to patients. Led by an experienced team of biotechnology executives with funding from top-tier industry investors, Better expects to go public through a merger with SPAC Mountain Crest Acquisition Corp. (NASDAQ: MCAD) during the summer of 2021.
Better was founded upon the realization that nearly half a trillion dollars are spent each year treating the symptoms or effects of cardiometabolic diseases while little is being done to address the behaviors that cause them. Better has created prescription software that it believes has the opportunity to fundamentally change the treatment of a broad range of cardiometabolic diseases beginning with type 2 diabetes.
The team is focused on creating significant patient impact through the launch of their first product in 2023. Better is developing a portfolio of regulated software products that treat the root causes of disease, improving the health and quality of life of patients while giving providers and payers access to cost-effective digital behavior therapies.
Our UX writing team is ready to grow! As an experienced UX Writer, you will help translate complex concepts in medicine, neuroscience, and cognitive behavioral therapy into products that engage patients and effect behavior change that results in measurable clinical outcomes.
You will work closely with clinicians, visual designers, product managers, and software developers. We’re looking for a thinker and an innovator who is willing to challenge the status quo and is energized by developing creative content solutions to complex problems.
What You Will Do
- Partner closely with clinicians, therapists, and health coaches to create content that helps people understand what’s holding them back, shift their beliefs and behaviors, and accept that making lasting changes is an ongoing process.
- Champion clear, compelling language and push back on messaging that may confuse, frustrate, or overwhelm busy people who are looking for help.
- Set the vision for content-driven user experiences and work with others on the team to iterate towards that vision.
- Work closely with engineering and product to find elegant but practical solutions to content design challenges.
- Present content solutions, defend design decisions, and incorporate feedback.
- Actively participate in design critiques to give and receive feedback from other writers and designers to make your work stronger.
- Help build out our growing clinical content team and evangelize good UX writing practices for the whole organization.
What you bring:
- 6+ years of experience in UX writing. Consumer mobile experience preferred.
- A strong portfolio with writing samples that showcase your work, illustrating your involvement and how you've contributed to solving specific problems with content.
- Clear communication and an ability to present your work to internal stakeholders at different content design stages and support your decisions.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams – partnering with product and development to oversee the user experience from conception until launch.
- Experience using content management systems
- Experience using design tools to add copy and comments
- The ability to think long- and short-term to meet the constraints of the release process while iterating toward a future vision.
- A sharp eye for detail and highly developed organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- An acute self-awareness and deep empathy - for both the user and your team’s goals.
- You’re fascinated by technology and the way it transforms the way people live and work.
- You know what a growth mindset is, and it embodies the way you live your life. You are always up for a new challenge, not afraid to fail, and insatiably curious.
- You are not intimidated by the fast-paced, dynamic characteristics of startups.
- You have the intellect to grasp complex ideas, a thirst for learning, and the creative drive to tell stories simply, and with impact.
- You are driven by a sense of purpose, confidence, competence, and willingness to be accountable.
- You are a critical thinker, but not critical of others.
- You give credit and take responsibility, always defaulting to “we” over “me.”
What we offer
We will provide the opportunity to do purposeful work in an ego-free and collaborative team environment. Our culture is infused with passion and purpose, where curiosity is encouraged, conversation is lively and differing opinions are treated with respect. We expect you to make a significant impact. We also offer:
- Competitive salary, bonus, and equity compensation
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Participation in employee stock purchase plans
- Flexible vacation and parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Health, wellness, and WFH allowance
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Better is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.