Bakken & Bæck is a technology-driven design studio working out of Oslo, Amsterdam, Bonn, and London. Building digital products, brands, and businesses, we help ambitious companies identify, explore and respond to new opportunities.
From defining the future home with IKEA to building decentralized platforms with Coinbase; we are in the business of breaking new grounds. As one international team across offices, we have all the skill-sets needed to help businesses adapt to an increasingly complex world.
We’re committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels comfortable, regardless of their identity, experiences, and beliefs. We want BB to be a place where you can try out new things with the risk of failing, where you can take ownership over your own work without being micromanaged, and where there’s a low barrier for coming up with ideas — no matter your job title or discipline.
Work-life balance shouldn’t be a perk, but a given. We strongly believe in flexibility, knowing that creativity doesn’t always happen between 9 and 5. At BB you’ll be given a lot of freedom, which means managing your own priorities, trying out new things, and working a flexible hours scheme.
About The Role
We are looking for a UX writer to join our product team in Oslo, Bonn, or London. As a UX writer, you will play an integral part in shaping great product experiences through useful, intuitive writing that helps users complete their tasks, and accomplish their goals. Working at the intersection of research, (UX) design, and development, you have a holistic approach to how language helps shape products, and you understand how to effectively establish and implement a unified voice across services and platforms.
What We’d Like You To Do
- Use your writing and content design skills to create UI copy that enhances user navigation throughout digital services, as well as all touch-points surrounding them (like onboarding, error messages, learning materials, emails, and other components of the end-to-end user experience).
- Develop content strategies and guidelines to ensure cohesive product narratives across touch-points, and document every step of the way.
- Collaborate closely with product designers, researchers, strategists, and clients, taking products from strategy to implementation and launch, and using your knowledge of language to influence and improve the overall product.
- Be a champion for UX writing across the company and help develop our in-house capabilities. Mentor other writers to strengthen our offering within the discipline.
- We are looking for someone who has a deep passion for user-focused product experiences and is forever curious about every step of a user journey. As a writer, you are able to shift between systematic and pragmatic thinking to more creative storytelling. Understanding how brand, design, technology, and writing support each other throughout the user experience is a natural part of your job.
What We're Looking For
- 3+ years of experience with UX writing for digital products.
- Excellent writing skills and experience collaborating closely with design and development teams.
- Solid understanding of how to turn user insights and brand narratives into tangible communication.
- Relevant experience working on client projects, in a client-facing role.
- The ability to balance several projects simultaneously, and confidently write in multiple styles.
- Strong communications skills in English, both spoken and written.
What You Can Look Forward To
- Doing things together. When not in the midst of a global pandemic we like to get together as often as we can across offices. Yearly trips, meetups, parties, and dinners, or working on interesting projects together.
- Power your own ideas. Do you have a project you've always dreamed of? A company you admire, or a problem you are dying to solve? At BB you'll have a say in what projects we take on.
- Remote when you need. We try our best to keep location from obstructing our cross-office collaboration. As long as you have the possibility to come into the office a few times a week (for workshops, social gatherings, etc.), you're welcome to design a hybrid setup that works for you.
- Parental leave and baby bonus. We got the moms and dads in the company to design our very own “baby kit”, which includes a 20.000 kr bonus, so you can get a head start on your new parental adventures.
- Keep it healthy. We provide an extensive support package that includes solid health insurance, sponsored therapy sessions, access to physiological treatment, and a lot more.
- Learning Budget. You'll get an annual allowance of 15.000 NOK to use on courses, classes, or conferences - whatever you need to stay inspired and learn new things.
To get a better feel for what we care about as a company, our perks, and our work philosophy, check out our A-Z.
Please apply as soon as possible. We will be evaluating applicants on an ongoing basis.
Get in touch with Amanda Nicolaysen (email@example.com) in case of any questions.