The Sasha Group believes every great brand has two things in common: they’re consistent, and they change. That’s why we exist—to help growth-minded brands big and small build strong cores that can flex with our ever-changing culture. From building brand foundations to building momentum, we combine creativity with thoughtfulness and speed to solve business challenges. We like to describe ourselves as a “consultancy in the front and an agency in the back.”
At The Sasha Group, we believe that smart, creative thinking is the ultimate variable in bringing brands to life, whether in service of creating the mold or breaking it. Our goal isn’t to be right—it’s to find right. And by “right,” we mean the strategy and creative execution that will move hearts and the business needle.
Though we’re currently working remotely, we have established offices in New York, Los Angeles, and Chattanooga (TN). We’re committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being true to our authentic selves allows us to do our best work.
That’s Where You Come In.
We are looking for seasoned freelance UX/Web Copywriters who can collaborate cross-functionally to bring brand stories and business objectives to life in the digital space. You’ll help established brands and new startups alike define and craft the right content strategy, messaging, and storytelling for the web—from the boldest headlines to the smallest footnotes. Every project looks different, but all are uniquely challenging and highly rewarding.
Who’s On The Team?
You’ll be joining a tightly-knit team working with emerging and established brands across CPG, fashion, food & beverage, financial services, health & wellness, technology, and more. The team is an intentional, collaborative, and relentlessly curious mix of strategists, creators, and technology partners with one united goal: making web experiences more beautiful, rewarding, and accessible for their end users and their owners.
As a UX/Web Copywriter, You Will
- Collaborate cross-functionally with brand, strategy, account, PM, and UX/UI peers and effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Design easy-to-understand and exciting web experiences serving multiple stakeholders across marketing, brand, and design with a focus on defined business objectives and brand storytelling.
- Participate in the full project lifecycle from ideation, to handoff, to launch.
- Work in an agile environment with an iterative process, motivated by group critique.
- Support your team in strategizing and implementing new/evolving workflows and processes to tackle the unique challenges of each project and client.
- Develop and present solutions that coalesce narratives and storytelling around customer insights, data, business requirements, and brand values.
- Transform wordy concepts into concise and compelling microcopy, interface copy, and user experiences.
- Write clear and concise content across multiple digital touch points (including site content, navigational elements, emails, marketing/lead gen pages, and notifications).
- Where applicable, apply your skill set to real-time consulting and problem-solving in a collaborative environment with clients.
- 5+ years of relevant experience with both small and large-scale projects.
- A portfolio that demonstrates applied knowledge of usability, user-centered writing, and content strategy across a variety of projects. Your work should show attention to detail in every aspect and a strong capacity for both logical and creative thinking; clearly articulating the problem and rationale for proposed solutions.
- An ability to work nimbly in a fast-paced environment and (ideally) manage multiple projects at the same time.
- The ability to write from scratch, edit existing copy, and think beyond the written word with input from multiple team members.
- The skill to craft everything from broad content strategy, to brand storytelling, to concise button copy—and to find the best way to clearly communicate an idea.
- A deep understanding of UX and how copy and design support each other.
- Comfort with digging into and writing for a variety of industries and niches, and flexing your skill set accordingly.
- The ability to work autonomously and present work to peers, internal leads, and clients.
- Oral and written communication skills to articulately express the rationale behind your decisions.
- Solid familiarity with best practices in executing deliverables and handing off to development team partners.
- A thorough knowledge of the English language, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and usage.
- Experience working in creative tools: Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Google Workspace.
The Sasha Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.