Yoti is growing and we’re looking for an enthusiastic UX copywriter to join our team. We’re looking for a writer who is confident grappling with challenging briefs. On any given day you could be writing engaging content for any one of our products. Our product design team covers multiple projects across mobile apps, web apps, and real-life experiences.
But being a talented writer alone isn’t enough. You’ll work closely with people from around the business and so you’ll need to be confident working as a team. The end-to-end process of writing almost anything at Yoti usually relies on help from different people. Product managers, designers, developers, senior management. As a writer at Yoti you’ll work with just about everyone.
Your adopted family will be the Yoti Product Design team and you’ll report into James Feeney who is our UX Design Lead.
To make a successful application please include a link or pdf of your case studies or portfolio in your application.
To be successful in the role.
- You love to write product copy and you do it well.
- You can transform 140 words into 140 characters and make them say more.
- You’ve taken ownership of writing for consumer and B2B products and services.
- You want to work closely with senior management and be pivotal to a growing company’s success.
- You can work quickly when needed (things can move pretty fast here).
- You can clearly explain why you have written something in a certain way.
- You’re excited about the potential of a world with digital identities.
- You want to work for a company that strives to do good for society.
A Plus For Us If You
- Have experience of writing for different industries and different types of people.
- Can transform something technical into writing that’s easily digested.
- Have a proven track record of leading copy development and implementation for consumer technology products and services.
- Have a natural instinct for product development and marketing.
- Are comfortable helping others to write confidently.
- Are happy to muck in from time to time and help with things like festival events and Coder Dojos helping young people to code.
Yoti is growing, you’ll be a part of shaping how we grow and foster an open and collaborative environment in our design community.
- Help evolve the processes, tools, and culture of the design team through participation in workshops and collaboration sessions
- Be open to learning new things and look for opportunities to improve team processes and tools
- Helping to embed the design discipline in the company's culture through evangelizing design thinking.
- At least 3 years experience in a copywriting position, preferably for a technology company
- Excellent English writing skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Demonstrable experience of explaining complex solutions with clarity and brevity.
What’s in it for you?
- Annual bonus scheme
- Options and internal share market
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Yoti Life (internal communication platform and access to great discounts and vouchers)
- 5 'Selfie' Days - for your own personal development; volunteering, charity events, etc
- Learning opportunities (LinkedIn Learning, conferences, events, courses )
- Team Events
- Flexible working.
- Find out what we're up to in the Yoti Blog
- See what our employees have to say about us on the Yoti Glassdoor
- Have a read through our SDK
- Check out our Github account for more code info
This is a fantastic opportunity to get involved with a company doing incredibly complex projects, in a fun and exciting environment, where creativity is rewarded - this is part of the Yoti DNA. We like people who have a positive attitude, transparent and are open and honest about their thoughts. Committed, collaborative and champion all of our principles and what we stand for.
- Positive - you’ve got a great attitude: you lift spirits, are friendly & fun, and try to always face challenges with a smile.
- Transparent - you are open, honest, straightforward and considerate in your communications with people.
- Committed - you never give up and find solutions where others see problems. You regularly go the extra mile, and encourage others to be as reliable as you are.
- Collaborative - you’re both an active participant and listener. You’re respectful of others, communicate constructively and willingly lend a hand to help others when needed.
- Champion - you’re a believer in Yoti, our purpose, and our principles. You give your best for the team and the product and you’re happy for the world to know it.
We Believe In Equal Opportunities
It takes a diverse community of passionate, talented and committed people to build a simpler, more secure way of proving identity. We’re an equal opportunity employer, so we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, with different outlooks and experiences.
If your application is successful please be aware that as part of our pre-employment checks.
- We will check your details against fraud prevention databases
- We will check identity; address match; PEPs and sanctions; bank validation, verification, fraud checks, negative data (CCJ, bankruptcy)
- If our investigations identify fraud or other criminal offences both when applying for a job and during your employment, we will record the details on the relevant fraud prevention databases. This information may be accessed from the UK and other countries and used by law enforcement agencies and other organisations to prevent fraud.
- Please contact HR@Yoti.com to get information on which fraud prevention databases we use.
If we consider that you might be suitable for other roles in the future, we will keep your details so we can contact you about these other roles. If you do not want us to keep your details for this purpose, please e-mail HR@yoti.com or let us know at any stage of the recruitment process. For more information please read our applicant privacy notice.