We are SigFig. We empower everyone to achieve their life goals and ambitions with intuitive and customer centric financial solutions. It takes extraordinary people to disrupt decades of legacy financial practices to reimagine solutions to serve customers at scale.
We are committed to building impactful financial solutions that are accessible and affordable to everyone. Using a combination of design, data science, and technology, we help provide people with financial advice and guidance they need to achieve their life goals. Whether it’s through our direct to consumer or business to consumer products through partnerships with some of the world’s largest and most innovative financial institutions like Wells Fargo, UBS, and Citizens Bank, SigFig seeks to help consumers and institutions make better financial decisions.
Headquartered in San Francisco, we also have amazing talent solving interesting problems across our offices in Calgary, Tucson, Singapore, and New Delhi. Come thrive at SigFig!
The Opportunity — Sr. UX Content Writer
As Sr. UX Content Writer, you will be leveraging the Discover journey platform to create engaging personal finance content experiences that nudge customers towards good financial behaviors and outcomes.
You will craft high quality, engaging, interesting and actionable content-driven experiences that help customers discover, learn and act on their financial needs.
We are looking for an experienced product marketing or content writer and creative thinker who has a passion for the personal finance space and what it means for consumers.
You will have a prominent role in leading the content strategy internally and representing that strategy and personal finance content as a subject matter expert externally with financial institutions large and small. You will also build and execute our strategy for helping our partner financial institutions configure and customize Discover journeys.
An ideal candidate for this position understands the psychology of financial needs and behaviors — what makes customers engage and take action on their financial needs. You’ll work closely with a small, agile Product team and have the ability to move quickly and make decisions. You’ll be able to look back and say “I did that” about a product that has the potential to reshape how an industry works.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Become the expert
- Create - Flex your storytelling skills across a number of digital channels, and create compelling, personalized user journey flows that deliver on the Discover platform promise to nudge customers towards good financial behaviors and outcomes. Specifically, you will develop end-to-end experiences that guide users down a path to identify their needs, encourage them to act on those needs, and help our financial partners fulfill those needs. Partner closely with SMEs, product managers, designers, and the marketing team to ideate, prototype, gather feedback, iterate, and validate new Discover journeys.
- Plan - Own, prioritize, and gain alignment across stakeholders on the roadmap of content journeys. Collaborate with the product team to build features that enhance the consumer experience and drive conversion
- Learn - Partner with Data Scientists to use data, user research and performance metrics to optimize existing content experiences.
- Research - Understand the biggest problems financial institutions are facing in the digital space, and how SigFig can create meaningful content through its Discover journeys to help solve these problems.
- Collaborate: develop meaningful relationships with teams across the Company and with external partners (Internal: Product Management, Marketing, Enterprise Sales and Relationship Management, Design, Data Science & External: Financial Institution’s Senior Leadership, Financial Institution’s Marketing/Product/Program Management Team Members, 3rd party partners)
Ideal SigFigian For This Role
- 5+ years in digital editing/writing or 3+ years of product marketing experience with focus on UX and understanding financial behaviors and trends
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university, preferably in journalism, English or business
- Previous experience covering a broad range of personal finance topics including banking, lending/credit, insurance, investments, etc.
- Previous experience in lead generation
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities with minimal oversight
- Ability to create well-written content that motivates readers to act
- Ability to distill complex topics to their essence
- Ability to travel as needed
Why We Value You
- Passionate about content creation that drives business value and have a track record of coming up with innovative approaches to complicated topics in the personal finance space
- You have an understanding of behavioral biases and know how to motivate consumers to take action
- You understand how personal finance content is being used across the industry and can help SigFig continue to improve the financial outcomes of our customers
- You demonstrate the ability to influence internal and external senior stakeholders
- You undertake projects and tasks with an attention to detail coupled with a sense of urgency
- You have excellent written communication and interpersonal skills
- You are curious - a constant learner, and love feedback.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Flexible PTO
- Nest Wealth Retirement Planning Program
- $1000 Yearly Wellness Benefit
- Employee Recognition Program
- And more
Sound Like Something You'd Like?
Send us your portfolio or a few samples of your work. We love seeing your work, just as much as understanding the why and goals behind it!
Founded in 2007, SigFig is backed by premier venture capital firms, including Bain Capital Ventures, DCM Ventures, Nyca Partners, and Union Square Ventures as well as leading financial institutions including Wells Fargo, UBS, Santander, New York Life, Eaton Vance, and Comerica. We've raised $110 million to support our growth as the #1 online investment advisor for large financial institutions.
© Nvest. All rights reserved, SigFig is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.
San Francisco Applicants: SigFig will consider applicants with arrest and conviction records (criminal histories) in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.