At Aviso Wealth, we are dedicated to improving the financial well-being of Canadians. As a leading wealth management organization, we are committed to service, partnership, and innovation. Working with talented and energetic professionals who exemplify our values every day, you will quickly notice that our people and dynamic culture sets Aviso Wealth apart. If you are looking for interesting and challenging work, at a company committed to its people, find out more about what Aviso Wealth has to offer at www.aviso.ca.
We’re looking for a User Experience Writer to join our Digital Experience team.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, UX & Product Design the User Experience Writer is responsible for creating and guiding high value, empathetic, contextual and compelling content experiences across Aviso’s digital channels and products.
Working closely with UX professionals, and Business stakeholders throughout the design/development process, he/she will anticipate user needs and establish content design best practices in line with Aviso’s business requirements and technology considerations. As an advocate for our users, the role will help to shape the best customer experience by ensuring our product is intuitive and engaging to use.
Who You Are
- Service – You consider both internal and external stakeholders and demonstrate intent of understanding and putting the clients’ needs first. You advocate service excellence and work to deliver solutions that meet the needs. You proactively develop strategic partnerships that allow Aviso Wealth to become a trusted advisor and partner
- Execution – You are committed to achieving your goals and to succeed. This includes focusing on “getting things done”, as well as recognizing and taking advantage of opportunities as they arise. You are consistently looking for ways to improve your personal best and see value in continuous improvement. You take accountability for your actions and learn from mistakes
- Collaboration – You work collaboratively with others with the common goal of driving positive results. Making meaningful contributions to your team to achieve organizational goals is a priority. You proactively encourage collaboration, build trust and inclusion, and work to establish effective relationships both inside and outside of the organization
What Your Day Looks Like
- Create content deliverables that are required along the user journey - such as onboarding, on-screen instructions and labels, navigational nomenclature, contextual help text, action prompts, microcopy, and transactional emails
- Understand complex business and technical needs and distill them into succinct, clear and engaging content for our audience throughout the digital touchpoints
- Draw on usability principles and be customer-centric; ensure the content flows seamlessly, easy to understand, reduces pain points and actionable for users throughout user journeys
- Use standardized terminology in keeping with best practices in the financial services and digital industries
- Identify content issues and actively collaborate with UX/UI designers to improve the outcomes throughout all phases from discovery, design to production
- Partner with product marketing, tailor the brand voice, messaging, and product content to appeal to the websites and mobile audience
- Build and maintain digital content standards - UX writing library/style guide that will drive consistency and quality across all our digital products and channels
- Actively monitor trends in digital content, UX, technology, product and financial services and propose best UX writing approaches
- Derive insights from user research and data such as web analytics and KPIs, and leverage in UX writing and content strategy while supporting the strategic aims of our digital outcomes
- Perform A/B testing as needed on content, supporting language wording choices and feature development
- Develop content strategy and information architecture (IA) that enhances usability, discoverability and findability of information on web and mobile platforms
- Review web analytics, user research and competitor content to inform digital content strategy recommendations that balance user needs, content requirements and business goals
- Create and maintain web content deliverables including content requirements, IA, content matrices, copy decks and guidelines
- Create IA documents factoring in taxonomy, labelling, utility links, key page content and footer information
- Use various information architecture methods such as stakeholder interviews, wireframes and card sorting appropriately to inform the content planning and delivery phase
- Build and maintain content inventory/matrix including various site elements such as page title, keywords, description, tags, copy, images, audio, video, and document files
- Audit site content and develop plans to retain/refresh/archive existing content by closely collaborating with Product Marketing, Communications and other stakeholders
- Deliver high quality SEO keywords, Alt tags, ARIA labels, HTML pages titles and meta descriptions, working closely with other specialists in accessibility and SEO
- Develop content and assets that meets or exceeds accessibility guidelines according to WCAG 2.0 and Ontario’s AODA requirements
- Support in design quality control phases ensuring best-in-class content and design is executed in its integrated final form
Your experience and skills:
- 4+ years of UX writing and/or digital content strategy experience
- Experience in developing content strategies for digital, omnichannel experiences
- Portfolio of UX writing and Digital content strategy work samples
- Working knowledge or experience of UX design process, deriving insight from data such as web analytics and KPIs
- A constant drive to stay up-to-date with the UX writing best practices and latest industry news
- Self-starter with close attention to detail and passion for quality
- Takes ownership of projects/tasks and drives through to successful completion
- Excellent organizational skills to manage projects from multiple business lines and timelines
- A fast learner; able to adapt to changing context quickly
- Strong team player in a fast-paced, cross-functional agile team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading, and analytical skills
- Knowledge or experience in the Financial industry is a strong asset
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, UX, HCI or equivalent practical experience
- Fluent communication skills in English are required and bilingual skills in French are an asset
Why Aviso Wealth?
At Aviso Wealth, you will find a dynamic and inclusive culture that rewards innovation and celebrates success.
Here are a few things that set us apart:
- Competitive compensation package that rewards and recognizes individual contributions
- Excellent health, dental and insurance benefits to meet the diverse needs of our employees
- Generous vacation time, fitness benefit, parental leave top-up options
- Matching contributions to our retirement program
- Commitment to the continuous improvement of our staff through learning & development and an education assistance program
- Regular social events to foster teamwork
Equal Employment Opportunity
Aviso Wealth welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs in all stages of the hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.
Aviso Wealth is a national, integrated financial services company, with approximately $90 billion in assets under administration and management. Aviso is owned by Credit Union Centrals, CUMIS and Desjardins. Our MFDA-regulated dealer, full-service IIROC-regulated brokerage, and insurance dealer support thousands of financial advisors at hundreds of credit unions across Canada. Our award-winning online brokerage, Qtrade Investor, and our digital advice platform, VirtualWealth, give Canadians flexible choices for building their wealth. Our asset manager, NEI Investments, is a Canadian leader in Responsible Investment funds and portfolios, which are available through a national network of advisors. Aviso also provides custodial services and introducing broker services to independent financial organizations, including banks, trust companies, insurance companies, investment dealers, portfolio managers and financial planning firms. Aviso has major operations in Vancouver and Toronto, along with regional offices across Canada. More information about Aviso Wealth is available at www.aviso.ca.