We're a team of entrepreneurs and technologists building something new – with travel advisors, creators and enthusiasts at the center.
We see an opportunity to rebuild the travel agency with 2021 eyes: cool, modern, inclusive, community-driven and tech-enabled.
Our mission is to empower 100,000 women, solopreneurs, freelancers and creators to be travel entrepreneurs: designing experiential trips, creating and leading trips, and selling hotels, houses and experiences.
Founded by three serial entrepreneurs – Henley Vazquez, Jake Peters and Evan Frank – our ambition is to build the next generational brand in travel. We are fortunate to be backed by an incredible group of investors and are looking for more people to join our early team.
We’re seeking a dynamic Travel Writer/Editor who has an avid interest in travel and people, and a passion for building connections and uncovering incredible stories. The ideal candidate has a way with words and a sharp eye for branding/personality, can write in a variety of styles/voices, and should be well-versed in ghost-writing and branded content. They should have exceptional communication and interview skills.
This is a highly creative role centered around content creation that brings our advisor’s content to life and highlights their personality and expertise. The role includes writing articles and destination guides, as well as copy for email campaigns. The position requires regular communications with our network of advisors, and so we’re seeking someone who is highly communicative and organized.
The role reports to our Head of Content Marketing.
What You’ll Do
- Interview advisors and help create itineraries and destination guides
- Work directly alongside our stellar SEO agency to strategize and create content that ranks
- Help and facilitate with the creation of amazing profiles for our advisors
- Write travel-related content for our website
- Support with copy and content for our email campaigns
- Work directly with our Head of Content Marketing to develop and execute our editorial calendar
- Bring creative ideas to the table for a variety of content-related projects
Who You Are
- At least 5 years in a journalism, PR or writing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Top-notch interviewing skills
- Obsessed with uncovering the best stories and travel recs
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Super organized, detail-oriented and trustworthy
- Inclusive nature with a strong desire to support a diverse community
- Strongly preferred:
- SEO experience
- Sharp eye for imagery
- Travel industry experience
- The ideal candidate has worked or lived internationally, as we’re seeking someone with extensive travel experience in foreign destinations
- Showcase your personality
- Emphasize that you get our brand
- Illustrate your mission-driven, entrepreneurial mindset
This is a full-time role based in New York City with competitive compensation and benefits.
You must have authorization to work in the United States. Fora is unable to assist applicants with obtaining work authorization.
Fora is committed to an equitable hiring process and an inclusive work environment. BIPOC and traditionally underrepresented candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We will not discriminate and will take action to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any other characteristic protected by law.