Nine’s strategy is to create great content, distribute it broadly and engage audiences and advertisers.
We are Australia’s largest locally owned media company – the home of Australia’s most trusted and loved brands spanning News, Sport, Lifestyle, and Entertainment.
Nine’s assets include the Nine Network, major mastheads such as The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and The Australian Financial Review, Nine Radio, digital properties such as nine.com.au, 9Now, 9Honey, Pedestrian.TV, subscription video platform Stan and majority investments in Domain Group and Drive.
Your new opportunity at Nine.
Traveller is the most trusted travel media brand in Australia and is part of the Nine Publishing division. It is respected by readers and the industry for its in-depth, quality content, breaking news stories, travel advice, insider knowledge about tourism and travel trends, and independent reviews of hotels, resorts and more.
Australia's highly respected travel brand, Traveller, is looking for an experienced and energetic reporter and digital producer to join its team.
The ideal candidate has a proven news instinct and a finger on the pulse of what’s happening in travel nationally and internationally, especially consumer trends. Reporting to Traveller's Digital Editor, you will be responsible for writing and production across multiple story formats, including breaking news and features, for Traveller’s digital, print and social media platforms.
This role can be based in Sydney or Melbourne.
Day to Day You Will
- Generate and write travel-related news, feature and round-up ideas
- Produce stories to a high standard and curate/commission photographs for digital and print
- Produce social media content that showcases Traveller’s authority and expertise
- Ensure content meets all digital production requirements
- Liaise with industry contacts to pursue feature ideas.
Enough about us, let's talk about you.
In order to be successful for this role, you will ideally have:
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in a similar writing role
- Tertiary qualifications in journalism
- Proven experience in writing news and feature content
- Ability to deliver fast, accurate copy under pressure
- Ability to meet rolling daily deadlines
- Experience publishing in a CMS
- Experience publishing across social media platforms
- Strong grammar, research and copy-editing skills
- Intermediate SEO knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Must be a team player with a can-do attitude who thrives in a fast-paced news environment.
** What you'll get in return at Nine.**
- Career development and quality training
- Up to 16 weeks paid primary carer’s parental leave
- Discounts on lifestyle, entertainment, and leisure memberships, including health insurance, dental and gym
- Access to Future Women – a movement to help women connect, learn and lead through unique content and events.
- Hybrid Working/Flexible working
- Discounts on products and services with corporate partners including Samsung, Apple, JB HI-FI, HP, Hertz Car Hire and TFE Hotels
- Nine Cares
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Nine, we are committed to fostering a workforce that embraces all aspects of diversity and inclusion and where practices are equitable to ensure our people experience a sense of belonging. From day one, you'll be encouraged to bring your whole self to work and will be supported to perform at your best. Should you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, and of all ages, nationalities, backgrounds and cultures.
*Disclaimer: *We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.